Should the London marathon be banned to the public?

Caporegime
A death in 2012 and now a death in 2014...The London Marathon is more dangerous than the Grand National.

Should there be deaths in what is a fun race for thousands?

Caporegime
OP
So, OP, are you feeling stupid about starting a stupid thread yet?

No,

I was asking the question...should the London marathon be banned to the public?

I don't think it should...if someone wants to run 26 miles and then die that's up to them I couldn't care less...

But what's amazing is the BBC TV news ignore the deaths and pipe up about a few horses being shot in a race they have been trained to run for...

You can't make a horse 8ft tall jump fences if it doesn't want to.

But I do think that running with a giraffe on your head for charity is nothing but attention seeking....one can run the race fine but not at the increased risk of harm or injury....

No one would skydive without a parachute...no one should be allowed to attention seek running 26 miles with a horses head on...

By all means run the race...raise money for charity but do it quietly....

The problem is that these days everyone needs to be seen to give....

Just like the selfie campaign for cancer....narcissism disguised as charity giving.

Look at me for for all the good I'm doing....shut up and just get on with it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
What an absolutely ridiculous post! I can almost guarantee 2 things: the man who passed away probably had an underlying condition & he probably wasn't in fancy dress. Not that it makes a difference anyway. Through proper training, consistent hydration and making efforts to cool oneself it is perfectly safe to run it with a costume on.

They might find it easier without the horses head...

Anyway, you've obviously never had the consideration to raise money for a cause that you feel compassionately about. There were a large amount of runners I ran with that had "doing this for you mum" or pictures of their children that had passed away on their running tops. This isn't at all about them "attention seeking". This is about raising money for charities that can one day maybe prevent an illness or disease that killed a loved one.

I think you should reconsider why people run a marathon.

I have done plenty for charity thanks.I just don't need validation for my actions.

Caporegime
OP
Quick moral panic in a risk adverse society, OP fail!

If more people got off their backsides, probably the closest the OP has to sport is watching it on TV, then it would solve obesity. The horse racing comparison is retarded, that's cruelty, horses are whipped and forced to do the racing, runners aren't forced to do anything with a whip

So you know nothing about me and nothing about horse racing...

Quality post right there.

"Horses are forced to do the racing" PMSL:D

Back
Top Bottom