showing up in a search engine

dal

dal

Associate
I'm trying to make my website show up in search engines, now I've included the following code in my index page :

<head>
<title>Lisa's childcare</title>
<meta name="description" content="Lisa's childcare _ affordable childcare in Sutton In Ashfield Nottinghamshire, full details of prices, hours of available childcare & photos" />
<meta name="keywords" content="childcare, children, sutton in ashfield, child, UZZZZEE9, YYYYY" />
</head>

The strange keywords at the end are so I can do a search and not have 9 billion results : thus to see if it works.
Now basically I've uploaded the index page ( as well as all the other pages) with the above code inside it but do I need to do anything else ?
I see a section in my FTP program that says submit URL's to search engines but I was under the impression that search engines will index keywords from with in the META tags, or have I got this completely wrong.

dal

dal

Associate
OP
Hi there, yes your right it has got frames & isn't following W3C recommendations so it's hardly good clean code but just wanted to see If I could be found in a search engine.
When you say you found me you mean google brought up my post on this forum.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom