Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Soldato
I bought the £19 option in the first link about 3 weeks ago. It works great, good material. Weighty in the hand and does exactly what it says on the tin.

I would prefer a flat base and not a ridge one though, but I don't know if I want to pay £27 more for that as I can always use a normal tamper to smooth it out after (more faff though)
Few questions Ray

1. Does the click mechanism work well?
2. Did it come with the 20lb spring?
3. Does the ridge base collect grounds? (even if rotating inside the basket before removing)

Caporegime
Few questions Ray

1. Does the click mechanism work well?
2. Did it come with the 20lb spring?
3. Does the ridge base collect grounds? (even if rotating inside the basket before removing)

Actually, just checked, I paid £25, ordered it from here. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.17.24481802QrW1h6

1 - It does click and the mechanism works as expected.
2 - Mine is the 30lb spring, which is less force than I thought....30lb isn't that much I come to realise
3 - The ridges doesn't collect grounds. Ultimately this doesn't affect me as I put a shower screen on top after I tamp.

Nit pick....I ordered the 58.35mm one for a VST basket, and there is still tiny grounds on the edge that it doesn't get push down. So it can be a little larger than 58.35, perhaps 58.5mm. I have another "Competition" tamper than has a tighter fit than the Mbomber one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom