Silverstone SG-13B

Permabanned
Not really a build thread, more of an ongoing project summary, sorry :) quite pleased with the end result... I will update it as time goes on ;)

The 5700x/4070 machine in my signature is purely used for SP gaming with a controller and plugged into the tv, so I still needed something to use at the desk...

So I bought a faulty build off of a good friend who had been conned with it by an ebay seller, and kept swapping out parts until I got it to behave in linux/windows, then it snowballed into making it into my daily main rig that runs an OS that we're not allowed to talk about on here ;), dual booting with Windows 10 for games.

Spec wise:
* Silverstone SG-13
* MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC
* Ryzen 3600
* 2X16GB Corsair LPX CAS16 3200mhz (16GB 2666mhz random brand ram in the pictures below at the time of taking)
* Crucial MX500 2TB
* Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 8GB
* Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum fully modular
* Custom HSF I just put together - Thermalright AXP90-53 with a BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 92x25mm pwm 19.6db/33.15cfm fan, I used the previous HSF's spring clips to make the 25mm tall BeQuiet fan fit onto it - as it came with a louder 15mm tall fan...
* BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 120mm pwm for chassis
* LG Ultra Gear 32GN600-B 1440p 165hz
* Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless
* 2010 wired full size iMac aluminum keyboard

Future plans are to eventually chuck the 5700x/32gb ram from my gaming rig into it when I upgrade that to a 5800x3d/64gb ram, and probably a RX 6700 XT such as the MSI model which will easily fit in this case, so I can enjoy CS2 natively at 1440P/165hz.

If you know the Silverstone SG-13 SUGO, you'll know it's a bit tight/pain to route everything, this isn't my 'best' attempt but I think it's good enough :)

This is the case:
SG-13B-Intro-01.jpg

This is the end result as of just now after I changed the heatsink/fan :)
msib450i.jpg

sg13.jpg

20240221-142219.jpg

Sorry for no case/desk pic, but I deliberately have dimmer lighting in this room for watching movies and it's a nightmare to get a decent desk pic, so the stock image + these 3 will have to do at this time of the morning :D :cry:

Not a mind blowing build I know, but it's only my 2nd MITX build, and the last one was 20 years ago, the main goal of this was to make a silent SFF MITX that could sit under my 32" 1440P 165Hz LG Ultra Gear monitor (which thanks to a VESA mount, does) that wasn't like sitting next to a jet engine/furnace, all whilst helping my mate recoup what he'd lost with it being faulty...
It went from a cheap 2nd hand build to the case/motherboard only being what was left, as I can't be trusted :p:D

What I love is how by fluke, I've managed to build 2 murdered out black on black builds in both MATX and MITX with the same theme, so it's literally a little and large combo, and things like the motherboard/cpu/ram match brand wise and the cases match in terms of the mesh and black theme. This was cool considering I didn't choose this case/motherboard, due to buying it complete off a mate, so it must be fate stuff matches, so I'm continuing that on with new matching parts :)

Big thanks to my mate who I got this from, thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Minor update, got some 16GB Corsair LPX CAS16 from @IPBA ;) - Absolute pleasure to deal with!
Nice to know my ram is running 1:1 now with the CPU :)
ram.jpg

Here's a rubbish unflattering pic with the new ram fitted, taken with the flash on that makes it look dusty - I promise it's not ;) :cry:
ram2.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Good stuff, always liked the SUGO case and almost bought one years ago for a small server build but wimped out and bought a QNAP instead :).
Thanks mate :) glad you like it. I just wanted something silent that didn't have to be watercooled (not a fan and have very bad luck, so NOPE!) and that fitted under my monitor versus a kicking a tower under the desk :rolleyes: :cry:

Yeah I love it personally, this later revision allows you to run SFX or full size ATX PSU, along with a removable 2.5" dual drive bay, so it's pretty decent for a small'ish cube :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
It's a fantastic case tbh, i built in one for a work machine and its ample space. Surprised how much you can fit in there.

Awesome build Keef.
Thank you mate, that's very nice of you to say!
Yeah, if you're resourceful/think outside the box, you can squeeze a fair bit in, I would finish it with the cpu/gpu swap, but I have a car addiction and that comes first haha!
The overkill posh 80+ platinum psu, is a sign of things to come ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Lovely build Keef, I have had a Sugo case in the past and they compact but you can cram so much into them. Thanks for mention regarding the RAM.
Thank you my brother!
Yeah this later revision with the bonus features like the SFX PSU support/removable dual 2.5" drivebay, makes it very appealing, it has pretty decent airflow all round too.

Once I've built my new project car, this will be getting a better CPU/GPU, the overkill PSU is a nod at what's to come ;) but for now it does exactly what I want it to do as a daily running and OS we're not allowed to mention on here ;)

I really like personally how I've achieved this without cheating with an AIO, this is the 2nd HSF and it's now custom thanks to the fan that shouldn't fit it, using the clips off another HSF and squeezing them on, and it averages around 60-66C doing most things and at the very worst 76-78C in CS2, which yes isn't 'cool' but it's well within the 3600's 90C threshold. Plus it's silent even with the HSF going 100%, I could make it drop temps more by running the chassis fan faster and having the HSF kick in harder, sooner, but I don't play CS2 that much (until I get a new CPU/GPU) so for 80% of it's use it's in the 60's, that'll do me... No worrying about a pump failing/leaks - I have THE worst luck, so never will run water.

You're very welcome, that was the perfect experience as a buyer mate!

P.S. typing this reply to you using the SG-13 as we speak haha ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom