Spare Computer Parts for DC projects

Man of Honour
This is a sticky for all the spare computer and cruncher related parts you have kicking around the house and no longer require.

As has been requested by several members of The World's Finest Team™ I present you with a sticky in which you can list all the spare computer parts you have lying around at home and wish to go to a cruncher that will use it for the cause.

There are a few rules to this here sticky;
  1. Selling of hardware is strictly forbidden here. Use the For Sale forum for that.
  2. Only computer items are to be listed.
  3. It is respectfully requested that those wishing to be given the item use it for the purpose in which it was given, ie for Distributing Computing projects and for Team OcUK.
  4. Only post in here what you have to offer, with an email address in the post. If you desire that item then mail the person, DO NOT post. Lets keep this thread tidy.
  5. When you no longer have an item for offer please delete it from your list. When ALL your items have been dished out edit your post and change it to 'DELETE'. A periodic clean-up of old posts will be done.
  6. This sticky is strictly for the use of people who wish to give their spare bits to others at no cost (except for P+P), any flouting of this WILL lead to a suspension of their account.
  7. Please do not ask for stuff that isn't needed to make a cruncher work. For example, a sound card is hardly essential to the workings of a dedicated cruncher!
  8. These rules ARE NOT all encompassing
  9. Be sensible please ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Think most of my old hard disks are flaked out, and if they're not, then I don't have the time to test them right now, sorry. Besides, using old hard disks for data recovery is a bad idea. If the data is that critical, you want a sure-fire reliable hard disk to image onto. If you image a defective disk onto an old disk, there's a chance both could die. You lose everything. Equally, you want to be imaging that disk now, not waiting in the hope someone comes up with the goods later.

And, to be perfectly honest, registering an account to come begging for stuff isn't a great idea. Yes, I did get the email.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom