Spec me a CCTV System

Soldato
Just about to hit the trigger on the new Ajax camera range. Already have an existing Ajax system and it's a commercial need so happy to spend a bit more for the ease of integration etc.

Current quote is £119.90+VAT for the Ajax TurretCam (8 MP/2.8MM). Am I likely to find better elsewhere? This is via a trade account and cba to apply for accounts with others just to see a price!

Last edited:
Associate
Just about to hit the trigger on the new Ajax camera range. Already have an existing Ajax system and it's a commercial need so happy to spend a bit more for the ease of integration etc.

Current quote is £119.90+VAT for the Ajax TurretCam (8 MP/2.8MM). Am I likely to find better elsewhere? This is via a trade account and cba to apply for accounts with others just to see a price!
Have you any details on the Ajax system you have and rough idea on prices for a setup. They look to have quite a good range for a home setup

Soldato
Just their normal setup - Hub 2 Plus, a few detectors, sirens, keypad, fobs, door and window detectors etc. Below should give you an idea of their bundles:

O6Ula9o.png

Should be obvious from the thumbnails what they included. All come in black too. Trade pricing so you'd need to buy them through an installer (or me/other people here!).

Last edited:
Associate
Just their normal setup - Hub 2 Plus, a few detectors, sirens, keypad, fobs, door and window detectors etc. Below should give you an idea of their bundles:

O6Ula9o.png

Should be obvious from the thumbnails what they included. All come in black too. Trade pricing so you'd need to buy them through an installer (or me/other people here!).
THats very helpful Cheaper than i expected some of the kits. WOuld be great if you could also share pricing on some of their camera/nvr bundles too :)

Soldato
yes, I do, what do you want to know and what is t your existing set up doing for you?

In al honesty, if your existing cameras work and are reasonable quality, you’ll be spending a bunch of money for not much gain.

Soldato
Anyone using a Unifi system ? I’m considering upgrading my Reolink as I just moved to a Unifi system for my WiFi
The best place to ask is in the UniFi thread in Networks & Internet Connectivity forum. There are lots of users running Protect with cameras here. As @b0rn2sk8 pointed out, if you already have cameras, unless you really value the app integration, you’re very unlikely to see much benefit and they’re extremely expensive for what you get.

Back
Top Bottom