Spec me a new build, £600-650

Associate
OP
quick update, managed to score a 6800xt for £350.. yeah I know, complete luck, just hope it works!!! Looks like 32 gig ram now :) maybe 2Tb for the ssd, daughter already begging anyone who will listen for £200 for a nice case, if we go am5, would think it's her comp til she's finished and left home? (she's 16) What do you guys think?
any suggestions on the case ? like literally £200 but, it will need dvd writer, grandma likes them photos stored where she can watch !!!

Last edited:
Soldato
6800xt is a great card, £350 is a wee tad steep for a second hand one now I would say but I'm tight.

Depends on what you want to do with the case, do you want RGB, do you need it to be seen and how big can you go?

I doubt that you can get a case with a pre installed DVD now, you can buy one or maybe an external one would be easier?

Associate
OP
no I'm thinking of a case that actually has a spot for the 5 1/4 inch drive, I have the drive and the software, just trying to make this the last build I do for her..

edit, that's weird, kind of final.. gah.. off to smoke something unthinkable lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
no I'm thinking of a case that actually has a spot for the 5 1/4 inch drive, I have the drive and the software, just trying to make this the last build I do for her..
be quiet 600, Antec P10C, Antec P101S and Fractal Define 7, Fractal Pop Air.

Man of Honour
ty bro, well out of the loop, appreciate this one, can show her some cases :)
You're welcome! Just FYI: do check that the bays are external (there's a few cases that only have an internal bay) and that there's enough room for a decent length DVD drive.

I think the Pop has no door, but uses a magnetic bay cover and if that is not to your/her liking that might rule out other Fractal cases too.

Back
Top Bottom