Spec me a phone pls

Soldato
I don't really know to be honest - so far I've just stuck it on charge and left it for 1-2 hours and it is done when I next pick it up.
How is the haptic feedback? I read a review saying the phone vibrates a lot due to being light in weight?

Man of Honour
How is the haptic feedback? I read a review saying the phone vibrates a lot due to being light in weight?

I wouldn't say vibrates a lot but because it is light it has a short sharp vibration which isn't pleasant so I turned it off.

Soldato
Funny enough I've narrowed it down to this or a Pixel. Which pixel depends on the deals on at the time.

Problem is though, I've been comparing the specs of my A71 to Pixels and compared to the 7 it's such a small jump I'm not sure it's even worth it. I've cleared off all the junk, bought it a new phone case and screen protector, cleaned out the USB-C port and it's feeling a bit better so we'll see how it goes.

Weird isn't it? I'll go spend £lol on a new bike in a second but when it comes to phones, I want to eke out every last second of use before I upgrade it :confused:

Pixel 7 would be a reasonable jump in experience compared to the A71.

The A71 is, for all intents and purposes, a budget phone. The Pixel 7 has a flagship SoC and while it isn't as quick as other flagships in outright speed, the experience is decent.

Samsung are notorious for cramming in as many features into a phone to increase the perceived experience. The problem is, this very quickly overwhelms phones with slower SoCs (i.e. the A71).

The Zenfone 10 will probably be the pick of the bunch, but it is the most expensive.

Caporegime
OP
Pixel 7 would be a reasonable jump in experience compared to the A71.

The A71 is, for all intents and purposes, a budget phone. The Pixel 7 has a flagship SoC and while it isn't as quick as other flagships in outright speed, the experience is decent.

Samsung are notorious for cramming in as many features into a phone to increase the perceived experience. The problem is, this very quickly overwhelms phones with slower SoCs (i.e. the A71).

The Zenfone 10 will probably be the pick of the bunch, but it is the most expensive.

To be honest I might just go for it, I've been dithering for so long it's ridiculous. Samsung can get in the sea with their incessant nagging and sign up nonsense.

Soldato
To be honest I might just go for it, I've been dithering for so long it's ridiculous. Samsung can get in the sea with their incessant nagging and sign up nonsense.

If you get it direct from Google, assuming you're talking about the Pixel 7, they have decent returns, meaning that if you don't get on with it, you could return it :)

Back
Top Bottom