Spec me a self hosted email provider

Soldato
I'm using Stablepoint at the moment but sometimes the emails don't get pushed for hours or even until next day. It's getting really annoying, and it doesn't matter what client I use, I've tried Bluemail, Outlook, K-9 etc.

Any decent hosts out there?

Associate
Microsoft 365 ('Exchange Online' or 'Business' plans/license) or Google Workspace would be my go to, moreso if it's business related.
Another vote for Microsoft 365, use it myself for work and home emails for me and my partner and it just works (Other than outages which you can get with any provider)

If you aren't a fan of Microsoft as @visibleman mentions, G-Suite would be the other one, not my personal cup of tea imho but again if you just want emails it just works

Last edited:
Associate
I've used a Microsoft 365 Business plan for some years with my current domains, but I also keep an old Pobox (now owned by FastMail) as another provider as they're old school but really good for the cost.

Associate
Do you find with Fastmail that the push notifications on your phone are near instant?

My old accounts are still Pobox rather than Fastmail, but emails arrive within seconds and customer service has always been excellent. Specific app push notifications really don't need to be involved for email as any client IMAP apps should be adequate if the provider has a good service and Pobox has been excellent for more than 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom