STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl actually Finished ???

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Nieldo said:
I was just watching the E3 2003 walkthru vid. Can someone tell me what the best gfx card was around them times?

if a card from that year could run it then surly my card will play fine :).

Im starting to get hyped up again about this game, I used to check the website every day hoping for an update but since then not so much. But now this news is out and it looks like it might be closer to a release Im all over it.

early 2003 9700 pro, late 2003 radeon 9800 pro then xt.

Man of Honour
kdd said:
early 2003 9700 pro, late 2003 radeon 9800 pro then xt.

Problem is, they've had 2 more years to develop, meaning they'll have added more stuff the the engine, made it more prettier, making it need a beefier graphics card.

Remember Doom 3 would run perfectly on a gefore 3.

Associate
Col_M said:
wonder if they'll delay it longer "to add DX10 support" :D GSC have already done that for DX8 > DX9, history could repeat itself :p

I hope not, I dont have a dx10 card :'( Ive only just managed to afford a decent DX9 card :)

"GeForce 5900 Ultra"

It looked like it ran it pretty smooth, things are looking good because my card has it beat when overclocked. This is going to be a good year!

Associate
Nieldo said:
I know they have recently released a book about the game, not available in English tho. If they have finished it and they are simply trying to cash in on the hype with more books etc, I will not be impressed :(

I don't know about recently releasing a book based on this game as such. Originally STALKER was based upon a russian film (released 1979) of the same name which in itself was based upon the book "Roadside Picnic" by Arkady Strugatsky & Boris Strugatsky. It was translated into English and also released (to the non-Russian speaking among us) in 1979 and printed by Penguin books.

The film is now available on 2 disk DVD and apparently is a bit of a classic but not for those with short attention spans as it gets rather deep and meaningful - the storyline far outweighs the effects, etc.

Soldato
KraniX said:
or they might do a team fortress 2 on us and just not say anything for 3 years...

i was so looking forward to TF2, but now all the ideas/features that it was supposed to have, and that seemed good at the time, have been nabbed by loads of other titles.

i remember being well impressed by these pics... heh

Look no further than...

Fortress Forever!

A remake of TFC using the source engine, looks quite good:) I was waiting for TF2, but doesnt look like its going to happen.. although quite a lot of the game content is still in the HL2 stuff, maybe they will add it?

Back
Top Bottom