Surge on 3.3v / Replacement PSU

Soldato
Hi All

My PC has been shutting itself down due to Asus Power Surge protection kicking in. Started doing it after 20 mins or so but now kicks in really quick so have left it turned off but I did see that the 3.3v line was surging up to 3.8v before protection kicked in.

With the hope that the rest of the system is still ok, I need advice on a new PSU.

Running an i5 2500k, GTX670, 2 x HDD. All stock so not a massive power draw but want something that will last without costing the earth.

Been looking at the Super Flower range:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-004-SF&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2057

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-014-SF&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2057

Does fully modular offer any benefits other than reduced cable mess?

Budget is about £70, looking for something that offers a bit of headroom for future upgrades and the closer to silent the better.

Anything you guys would recommend?

Soldato
They look decent, if you look at some other retailers they have a much bigger selection though so you might be able to save yourself some £££ without sacrificing much.

Soldato
Soldato
100% the SuperFlower Leadex or a Seasonic unit. EVGA G2s are also SuperFlower-made units as well, very good

YOUR BASKET
1 x Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850W '80 Plus Bronze' Fully Modular Power Supply £79.99
Total : £89.59 (includes shipping : £8.00).

This will allow for SLI, and although the unit is only 80+ Bronze certified the power delivery and reliability is rock solid. My money would be on this over the Leadex 750W as you get MOAR POWER for the money :)

Soldato
Soldato
In that case the power supply OEM are FSP, who are not as good as SuperFlower. The SuperFlower unit is better in that case

Only the 'EVGA G2' power supplies OEM are SuperFlower, and have an excellent 10 year warranty

Associate
In that case the power supply OEM are FSP, who are not as good as SuperFlower. The SuperFlower unit is better in that case

Only the 'EVGA G2' power supplies OEM are SuperFlower, and have an excellent 10 year warranty

This.

There is also a superflower 1000w that will give you headroom for future upgrades too for only £110

Back
Top Bottom