Talktalk and imgur

Soldato
I am with talktalk business, and I can't seem to get imgur.com to load at all. I have tried new dns, flushing the cache, accessing it via the IP (which seems to be blocked?)

Any one else having issues accessing imgur on talktalk?

Soldato
OP
Do you have any of the TT filtering options enabled?
Can you post a traceroute?

Yeah I can ping and tracert the site fine.

I am on the business package, so I shouldn't have any filters applied?

Also I was a nildram customer back in the day until they finally got bought over by talktalk, so I don't have the portal access normal talktalk customers do.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I can ping and tracert the site fine.

I am on the business package, so I shouldn't have any filters applied?

Also I was a nildram customer back in the day until they finally got bought over by talktalk, so I don't have the portal access normal talktalk customers do.

Just noticed if I leave the site long enough the image finally loads. But we are talking 10 minutes plus.

Soldato
OP
Having the same problem here on standard Residental TalkTalk package.

Driving me mad to be honest, since half the images on the net seem to be hosted on imgur.

If I have time at work I shall give them a ring. I will post back with the results (Or lack of no doubt)

Soldato
OP
Right think I've cracked it, its to do with MTU max size.

Ruled out it being a browser or O/S issue as happening to multiple devices on same network. Then ruled out DNS as tried several others (google, OpenDNS).

Having a nose around it seems by default your TalkTalk MTU setting should be 1432 which is pretty much a max size (unless on fibre). If any network link on the route is unable to pass messages of this size you get the issue we have been experiencing.

I've now lowered the value to 1400 and all is working

Good man! Worked fine for me as well. I was using a cisco router so had to apply it at the dialer0. ip tcp adjust-mss 1400 if anyone is interested.

I would have never thought of that at all. I wonder what changed? As it worked fine for years on the same router?

Back
Top Bottom