Tech Project Update!

Soldato
Drazic said:
I see ya said about carbon fiber...what you intending to do with it? I do highpower rockerty and built some of mine from it. Ie: to show my skills one of mine is 7.5ft long and 2.5'' dia, we call em 3FNC (3 fins and a nosecone). It goes to over 13,000ft and does over mach 1. On a K700w (54mm) (enough to shift a loaded car to 100mph in mear seconds easy as) we saw it go and go and then heard the boom and the onbord computer read out mach 1.5 and 21,757ft!!! It still is living today 3 years on and gets flown everytime it's nice, like today. So if ya want help with carbon fiber or any type of laminating shout for me.

I think we need a picture!

Soldato
OP
Drazic said:
I see ya said about carbon fiber...what you intending to do with it? I do highpower rockerty and built some of mine from it. Ie: to show my skills one of mine is 7.5ft long and 2.5'' dia, we call em 3FNC (3 fins and a nosecone). It goes to over 13,000ft and does over mach 1. On a K700w (54mm) (enough to shift a loaded car to 100mph in mear seconds easy as) we saw it go and go and then heard the boom and the onbord computer read out mach 1.5 and 21,757ft!!! It still is living today 3 years on and gets flown everytime it's nice, like today. So if ya want help with carbon fiber or any type of laminating shout for me.

Thanks :) Will be using vinyl to cover the case... hopefully will look good :)

Soldato
You don't seem to be making much progress, i hope you get it done on time. Then again i know what its like at school, we weren't allowed to use the big machines and had to wait for the teacher to do certain jobs for us before we could continue :( . You could secure the side panel using them clips they use on rally cars to hold the bonnet down, you can get anodized ones that look nice.

Mark

Soldato
OP
:) I am making progress, will update when I get some pics, should be tomorrow evening!

The side panel is now not going to be removeable. I have but a part out of the side which will be removeable ( will explain more in update) also cut out circle for acrylic ( acrylic will be removeable too)

Mark

Soldato
Where are the pics!

I demand them, been following this thread with interest and it has started to sink to the depths of Case Central...

PICS!

Soldato
OP
Here are some although, i took these at the start of lesson on thursday so you can't really see much change.

d+t%20019%20(Medium).jpg

d+t%20020%20(Medium).jpg

d+t%20021%20(Medium).jpg

d+t%20022%20(Medium).jpg

Have now stuck the small cut out slot ( where the cd,fdd,hdd drives are) with the vinyl and it sticks really well :D

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking very good.

Need to keep us updated as I will be ****** off if you don't post pictures of it finnished, are you not going to be cutting it close to the finnished project deadline....?

Soldato
OP
lol, all the tech lessons have been used up now.. we only have after school for the next 2 weeks.. Should see it finished though..

And dont worry i will post pics :)

Mark

Associate
man i love projects like this. I would all so love discovery channel to start case modding/tweaks programs lol. instead of pruning flowers and crap like that.

Awsome work man cant wait to see final..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom