*** The DIY Audio Thread ***

I'm on the hunt for a pair of FE85s, they are like hen's teeth though. Found a place in the States that have them, but they want as much as the speakers for shipping.

Thanks for the STEP files @Yaka, I've just had a look in Fusion360 and you're right - they should fit on the Shapeoko 3. Not attempted toolpaths like this mind, so I'm thinking of gluing up some MDF to use as test pieces before committing the job to some nice wood.

Do you happen to have any insights from the dude that did your CNC work? What mills/types of paths he used?

Soldato
Ooo - they're pretty! I know it's only been a week but how do they sound?

surprisingly good have been using them for music, and as L/R for hometheater use,

I'm on the hunt for a pair of FE85s, they are like hen's teeth though. Found a place in the States that have them, but they want as much as the speakers for shipping.

Thanks for the STEP files @Yaka, I've just had a look in Fusion360 and you're right - they should fit on the Shapeoko 3. Not attempted toolpaths like this mind, so I'm thinking of gluing up some MDF to use as test pieces before committing the job to some nice wood.

Do you happen to have any insights from the dude that did your CNC work? What mills/types of paths he used?
i think there is an alternative that peeps on diy audio are using, i have been asked about the cnc file from peeps looking at my printables page as well so shall ask the fella

Associate
Do you mind sharing who did the cnc work for you? I need to find someone who will mill me some waveguides, but prices online are extortionate(£350 for a 19cm WG)

Soldato
i know the feeling, couple of places i asked they never replied after the initial route i got i'll ask but it was a person on another forum that that helped me out. check if there is maker space near you sadly there wasnt one near me so that was not an option for me

Soldato
Almost finished my tube amp design.. I've switched to a EZ81 rectified design but I need to get the DCR for the transformer (who sells transformers and doesn't give a datasheet like this!). That will ensure I have the right resistors in the order for dropping the B+.

Back
Top Bottom