The Football Podcast Thread

Soldato
I searched for a thread on football podcasts. Can't believe we don't have one so will dump it in this random bin full of football stuff :D

I just finished the Under the Cosh podcast with Lee Sharpe, really good. Well worth a listen especially for Man Utd fans.

*To clarify - Lee Sharpe was guest on the podcast, I didn't sit and listen to it with him.

Soldato
Football ramble - the best pod, brilliant laugh

The athletic football podcast - more serious with good reports on what’s actually happening, mark chapmen was host but some new bloke started this season and I’m not as keen on him

The athletic football tactics podcast - basically Michael cox explains tactics

Football daily - beeb pod, that covers most stuff

Football weekly - think fits the original football pod, I’ve been listening since the very beginning.

On the continent - sister pod of the football ramble but not as light or as funny but still worth a listen

The price of football - go into depth about everything to do with the money side of football and dumb it down if you will so it’s easy to understand, handy for understanding exactly how Chelsea can spend so much and why United can’t.

Squawka talker - seems they’ve stopped though, haven’t had a new one in a while. Is a stats based pod

Tifo football podcast - they are on the chopping block. They’ve completely changed the format of it. Use to be a 3 or 4 of them just randomly discussing football.

Ones I’ve tried but are a big fat meh -

The gary Neville podcast
Sunday supplement
The overlap
Athletics mince
The overlap with Gary Neville

Caporegime
I have watched every single episode of Under the Cosh up until this season after a workmate talking about it. Most are not top level footballers but you get far better stories. The Kevin Campbell one is absolute gold. If you have not watched them all OP I can point you to some of the better ones but it's worth making your way through them all :)

Soldato
OP
I have watched every single episode of Under the Cosh up until this season after a workmate talking about it. Most are not top level footballers but you get far better stories. The Kevin Campbell one is absolute gold. If you have not watched them all OP I can point you to some of the better ones but it's worth making your way through them all :)
Been listening to it for years mate, agree the ones with lower league plodders are generally the better ones. You see a different side to it and realise for almost everyone outside of the prem it’s just a job at the end of the day. I tend to go on and off it though, I do enjoy it but there is only so much of Jon Parkin asking “ow were christmas doo’s and ow ‘ammered did yet get” I can take in one sitting. It does have some genuinely laugh out loud moments. Sharpe talking about the palace game and Cantona was absolutely class.

Caporegime
Been listening to it for years mate, agree the ones with lower league plodders are generally the better ones. You see a different side to it and realise for almost everyone outside of the prem it’s just a job at the end of the day. I tend to go on and off it though, I do enjoy it but there is only so much of Jon Parkin asking “ow were christmas doo’s and ow ‘ammered did yet get” I can take in one sitting. It does have some genuinely laugh out loud moments. Sharpe talking about the palace game and Cantona was absolutely class.

Yeah agreed, I've given it a break to watch this seasons episodes. The ref ones are pretty good and the Matty Piper one where he talks about his knee issues and how his agent did his deal to Sunderland. It was eye opening how clubs hand over money to agents for no work. Another one that sticks in my the mind is the one with the boy that clough took in. Amazing story.

Permabanned
I only ever really listen to The Football Ramble these days. Preferred it when it was just Marcus, Luke, Pete and Jim but it’s still has the best balance of intelligent commentary and entertainment.

Soldato
I only ever really listen to The Football Ramble these days. Preferred it when it was just Marcus, Luke, Pete and Jim but it’s still has the best balance of intelligent commentary and entertainment.

Yeh, me too. I mean I don’t dislike Vish or Andy but it was better when Jules and Andy had their own show and the four blokes had their on show. They never do one when it’s just the four of them either now.

Fwiw the luke and pete show is brilliant as well if youre into that type of banter. The two of them just talk about random stuff, with no structure. Well worth a listen.

Soldato
OP
Latest Under the Cosh is a Jason Mcateer two parter. Its very good with some great stories. What a career he has had. Didn't turn pro until 20. Played for his boyhood club and at two world cups and even turned Bono down!

Soldato
OP
Hard to put into words how much I disliked this lot back in the 90's, harder to explain why I did looking back on it but the Gary Neville / Overlap / Stick to Football show just gets better and better. This one is great.

Back
Top Bottom