Klopp Out Arne In

Soldato
I0CO4lS.jpeg

wrDoC5p.jpeg

Y5QEeQk.jpeg

uLrh0Be.jpeg

TgA2sSI.jpeg

Associate
I think Salah will go this summer, for an extortionate amount to Saudi, which will be needed to fund a replacement of high quality. To be honest, we'd be daft not to cash in on him tbh as he's only got another year left after this one.

We'll be in a transition of sorts, with whoever we get it in as manager, but looking at a breakdown of how Alonso has Leverkusen playing, you can't see it being anyone but him as there's many playstyle similarities.

Man of Honour
but looking at a breakdown of how Alonso has Leverkusen playing, you can't see it being anyone but him as there's many playstyle similarities.
True, this is actually a really good breakdown of how Alonso sets his teams out and you can see the similarities and how that style would transition easily into the way we play currently

Associate
I think he will retire.

Fair play though, won some stuff.

From his comments in the interview he said he'd try to live a normal life, but knowing himself, that probably wouldn't happen.

I think the German national job would be good for him, (I'd love him to take over from Southgate) but I can't see him being a national boss anywhere other than Germany if he were to choose that route.

Caporegime
The Liverpool fan on my drive home last night where he phoned in TS to say it was like when his wife died recently. I mean **** me is this getting a bit OTT for someone that hasn't even won a cup more than once ever 2 years on average?

Soldato
From his comments in the interview he said he'd try to live a normal life, but knowing himself, that probably wouldn't happen.

I think the German national job would be good for him, (I'd love him to take over from Southgate) but I can't see him being a national boss anywhere other than Germany if he were to choose that route.

I think the Germany job would stop him getting bored and then give him the chance to recharge his batteries a bit. Maybe a few years there and one last club job afterwards.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think the Germany job would stop him getting bored and then give him the chance to recharge his batteries a bit. Maybe a few years there and one last club job afterwards.

Hes only 56. I reckon he will go German national team for a few years and then perhaps Bayern or even go to a smaller team where the pressure isn't so high.

Don
I honestly think the chances of him never managing again are higher than what some people think. He admitted in his announcement video that if you asked him today whether he'd manage again then the answer would be no but then caveats that by saying he doesn't know how he'll feel after being out of the game for a while. When you look at the possible options for him in the future though, they do look quite limited.

The German national team is the one obvious job but timings probably rule that out in the short to medium term - Klopp was clear that he won't do anything for at least a year and Nagelsmann is due to leave after the Euros so his replacement will have to bomb for that job to become available until at least after the 2026 world cup.

He's previous ruled out working in Spain due to the language barrier and how his style of management wouldn't really work with a translator - he could have course learn the language but I'm not sure I could see him at a Barca or Real given the politics, egos etc. He's not going to join a club where it's not possible to compete so that probably just leaves Atletico, which tbf could suit him.

I'm not sure he was as categorical about never managing another German club after leaving Dortmund as he was about managing an English side but would he really take the Bayern job after his time at Dortmund? Other than a return to Dortmund there's possibly a couple of German sides that he might consider if they convince him they'll give him what he needs to compete with Bayern.

I guess the other option is in 2025, after Xabi's come home and won the quadruple in his first season and decided he's got nothing left to win here and heads off to Madrid, he returns to Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom