*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
A high profile fighter like Garcia with a big following who is clearly compromised/suggestable, evident by the things he says and his performance in the Tank Davis fight.
Who is selling this fight? not Haney the man is boring AF, His handlers can springboard his career on the back of this fight.
Reason enough..

Praising the Lord then cussing like a tool isn't really selling the fight in my eyes.

Taking the title off the line by being overweight isn't selling the fight either. Imagine paying to see a title fight only to let down at the last minute by something so silly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Praising the Lord then cussing like a tool isn't really selling the fight in my eyes.

Taking the title off the line by being overweight isn't selling the fight either. Imagine paying to see a title fight only to let down at the last minute by something so silly.
Hence my comments of not taking Garcia seriously.

Soldato
As a boxer he is talented don't get me wrong but you have to look at the whole person not just the fighter people seem to miss/ignore that.
Yeah, agreed.

I've not followed him too closely but I thought he was a pretty decent guy for a while, obviously the social media side has been there from day one but is this crazy side a new thing? Or did I just not see it previously? Has he been hitting the white powder

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, agreed.

I've not followed him too closely but I thought he was a pretty decent guy for a while, obviously the social media side has been there from day one but is this crazy side a new thing? Or did I just not see it previously? Has he been hitting the white powder
The crazy is more recent, It looks like he is on the powder also. It's such a waste of talent.

Associate
The timing of the first knockdown was hilarious, asking for Bill Haney's thoughts on the fight and just as he says we're winning Devin gets dropped :cry:.

Decent fight tbh, really if Garcia fought a bit smarter he might just been able to walk Haney down and stop him, or at least not be smothered as much when going for a finish, every big shot he landed seemed to have an effect.

A rematch is a dangerous proposition for Haney now.

Soldato
Haney got found out I guess?

For some reason I got Stevenson and Haney mixed up as they have similar styles. IIRC Stevenson has power though.

Edit - maybe not, hasn't knocked out loads of opponents

Last edited:
Soldato
And so he did fair play to him, There is hope for him after all.

To be honest i did think i would wake up this morning and probably read that Haney won on points and Ryan not able to land anything clean enough to hurt him. Haney and his Dad must be shocked to death today that his record is over to Ryan of all people.

Soldato
Thought the guy came across as an absolute tool in the pressers and defo looked like he was on something, but surely they're getting tested left right and center and marching powder would be an easy find?

Soldato
Thought the guy came across as an absolute tool in the pressers and defo looked like he was on something, but surely they're getting tested left right and center and marching powder would be an easy find?
I think thats the problem, boxers are not getting tested often enough. Eddie Hearn mentioned it on a podcast recently, matchroom are footing the bill for more regular testing.

Soldato
Apparently the big cheese in Saudi Arabia wants AJ vs which ever boxer out of Filip Hrgovic, Daniel Dubois, Zhilei Zhang and Deontay Wilder looks the most impressive in the 5 v 5 showdown.

Back
Top Bottom