The Sims series (and Sims 4 coming out)

I had a nose on Wiki on expansions for Sims 3, then found out that a sequel is coming out in Q4 this year. Any idea what they'll add in the new game? Anyone a fan of the series?

Sims 1, 2001 (I know I was a year late) - loved it though, was a new idea at the time. The in-game music was inspiring, loved the Latin stuff. The chemistry lab was fun, making potions that changed character stats. Lots of custom content to download over 56k dial-up (lol), and there were external apps where you could make your own props. Some mods crashed the game, but I had an app called "Sims PC Files Cop" that sorted out conflicting files.

Sims 2, 2004 - the first game with a 3D engine. Nice graphics, but I just couldn't get into it. I didn't find the in-game music as inspiring, and there were hardly any custom content / mods / apps available on the net. I'm stroking against the grain here, as most people seem to prefer Sims 2 out of the series.

Sims 3, 2009 - I really got into this, more so than Sims 1. Update in graphics, and a few neighbourhoods to try out. It appeared to have included Hot Date as qwll A you could go "down town" with just the Sims 3 base game. I bought the game when it came out and there was lots of custom stuff on the word go. Mods as well e.g. extra sliders on the create-a-sim screen. The only drawback is that the license numbers are tied into an EA account and you can't transfer / gift them like you can on Steam.

2009 is 5 years ago now, but at the time, I would say that Sims 3 was the brenchmark game for detailed computer sprites. It made WoW look outdated. I'm looking forwards to see what graphics / sprites update EA does for their new game.

Soldato
OP
Sims 1 was ok tho i never got heavily into it. Cos of all the expansions i didnt really move past that first game and so when the 2nd and 3rd game came out i just skipped em but i did through a bundle get sims 3 i think for origin so i might give it a go one day but im in no rush.

Yeah that's the downside of the Sims series. Sims 1 - bought it with Livin' It Up bundled in, then I bought House Party separately and left it at that. Sims 2 - never really got into it, sold it a few years later. Sims 3 - I bought Late Night, Supernaturals, and 3 others, so that was by far the most I've paid for a game.

You what??

Kindly provide some examples please.

My girlfriend loves to play The Sims... I love to play SimCity. Or at least, I used too! to?

Yeah, I too like games where you have to build stuff. Outside of Sims/SimCity, I like Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Warcraft 2, Age of Empires 2 etc. I like your idea of combining Sims and SimCity!

When buying the 4th game though (which I know I will do), my concern relates to Origin accounts. License numbers are tied to the account. I recently sold the Sims 3 + expansions knowing that the new one is out soon. So I threw in my Origin account as part of the sale along with the CDs as that was the only way I think I could have done it. I gave them my login and told them to change the password asap. No credit card details on there - just the serial numbers from the game boxes tied in there. Is there any incentive to purchase the new game as a digital download on Origin like with Steam? It appears the the download version is still the same price as the boxed version, and again, the licenses are non-transferable.

Back
Top Bottom