Thermalright PA 120SE Vs Deep cool AK620?

Associate
Hi all,

I have been looking around and what to know what your views are on the Thermalright PA 120SE Vs the DeepCool AK620?

I don't mind extra cost of DeepCool, main thing is noise levels for me...it's only going to be cooling at AM5 7600 at first but may upgrade later....pc used for browsing and gaming.

Also can I just use thermal paste that come with them or get something better?

Thanks for any input

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The Thermalright Phantom spirit 120se is the latest and greatest with an extra heat pipe over the peerless assassin.

Setting a custom fan curve helps

The DeepCool AK620 Digital ARGB does look lovely but costs twice the price.

Thermal paste best to get a back up tube, Arctic mx4 is the cheap and cheerful solution or thermal grizzly kryonought

Last edited:
Man of Honour
TF7 has a thermal conductivity of 12.8w/m-K which is slightly better than Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which is 12.5w/m-K so it's really good stuff. Arctic either does not release the thermal conductivity of it's pastes or uses a metric that isn't comparable to the standard w/m-K as is the case with MX-6 at 7.5 kV/mm. Personally I would have stuck with the TF7, even better it was free!! I did and certainly have no complaints with it. I used to use Kryonaut but TF7 is much easier to apply and from what I see performs just as well so that will be my go to paste from now on.

Soldato
TF7 has a thermal conductivity of 12.8w/m-K which is slightly better than Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which is 12.5w/m-K so it's really good stuff. Arctic either does not release the thermal conductivity of it's pastes or uses a metric that isn't comparable to the standard w/m-K as is the case with MX-6 at 7.5 kV/mm. Personally I would have stuck with the TF7, even better it was free!! I did and certainly have no complaints with it. I used to use Kryonaut but TF7 is much easier to apply and from what I see performs just as well so that will be my go to paste from now on.

I typically keep a tube of MX4 in a drawer for general use, but the tubes of TF7 I got with my Thermalright purchases have been my go to since getting them.

For the average user there's not much between most pastes, but if you have better on hand anyway you might as well make use of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Have just bought the Thermalright Assassin Spirit 120 EVO for a 7600 the single tower version delighted with it for £20 can't go wrong, stock cooler temps gaming 80-85c and the fan whined like a banshee

the evo gaming temps after an hour about 65c some variation across the cores some lower ect.. room temp 21c fan curve set to standard so no crazy fan noise going on couldn't hear fans with headset on and volume up, decent fan as well argb works flawlessly and its only got four heat pipes!! doing a good job even so.

Last edited:
Associate
That's a nice looking cooler. You could potentially add a second fan too. Did that come with a tube of TF7 as well?

yep not much in it tbh but enough to do it twice forgot to take off the plastic label 1st time :cry: looks and feels more expensive than it is really decent quality for the money.

was considering more expensive brands but glad i went with thermalright.

Last edited:
Associate
Phantom Spirit Evo is very good. The Peerless Assassin is good, but the fans of the Evo are better. They’re similar to the TL-B12 supplied with the U120EX cooler which is an excellent single tower cooler. Tried the last Arctic Freezer III 420 and couldn’t see any benefit for the 7800x3D. The Phantom Spirit Evo is quieter, thanks to the T30s supplying cool air for it. Hotter CPUs will be a different story, sure.

Back
Top Bottom