Thermaltake tower 100, Chopped and abused

Associate
Hi all

This is my 1st build for around 5 years or so and first time doing a amd build.

I like the look of the thermaltake tower case, but for where I wanted to put it, the tower 200 was just to big, so I went for the tower 100 and decided to have a mod and play with it.

I wanted a aio bigger than the standard 120mm fit, so I went external radiator.

when the standard side panel is on, it blocked half the air flow to the gpu, also it was only 1-2mm away from the glass.

To solve this I went with a diy 120mm fan wall. A nice bit of positive air pressure, the fans can just spin nice and slow, but with a good amount of air going in.

I tried one of them diy pc case filters, but it just blocked the airflow to much, so I raided the mrs sock draw and ''borrowed'' a pair of her tights. This lets lots of air in, but nice and fine to filer.

spec...
7800x3d
Thermalright AM5 cpu holder
Sapphire Nitro + 7900xtx
Asus Rog Strix B650E-I
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 64GB ddr5 6000 mhz cl30
Lexar NM790 4TB m.2 drive
Seasonic Vertex PX 1200
Nzxt Kraken Elite 280mm AIO
Artic MX-6
Corsair Commander core xt
Corsair icue AF140 RGB Elite (internal fans)
Artic P12 Max (6x side fans)
3.5 Inch data screen
13.3 inch 2nd display to show stats
Thermaltake tower 100

Last edited:
Associate
OP
2023-11-24-1.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Gotta love a radiator assembly bigger than the actual system case. Lovely work.

Any reason you bought the AM5 frame? As far as I know it's a gimmick product piggy-backing off the Intel LGA1700 mounting issue and just not necessary.

Associate
OP
Gotta love a radiator assembly bigger than the actual system case. Lovely work.

Any reason you bought the AM5 frame? As far as I know it's a gimmick product piggy-backing off the Intel LGA1700 mounting issue and just not necessary.
I saw it from watching builds on youtube etc. and for the little price it cost, thought I might as well.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
A small update, I removed the small 3.5 internal screen, as I think the program used for it was causing my micro stutter. I then fitted a 13.3 inch screen and a 8.8 inch screen onto the case

Associate
OP
my old strix dsp headset is sparting to fall apart, so replaced that with a epos H6Pro (closed back) and GSX 300 dac, also my g910 keyboard is seen much much better days, quite a few of the keys are broken, so being replaced with the same for xmas :)

Back
Top Bottom