This is REALLY REALLY STRANGE

Associate
Hi all.

I purchased a Logitech 5.1 Speaker system in Germany. I think its a X530 or something like that, and ive set it all up and it sounds brilliant. However when i turn the sound down to 0% on the control on the speaker, i seem to be picking up German radio or something. I can deffinatly hear voices and occasionaly music coming from it. As far as i know there isnt a radio tuner in them and i havent got one on my sound card. This problem only occurs in the Centre Speaker. And this problem dosent occour with other speaker sets of headphone sets, so it cant be the sound card i dont think.

Any suggestions?

btw im not crazy :) :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
sounds like the preamp stage is really poorly screened / shielded it is simply picking up audio signals transmitted by other electronic components or strong radio signals.
this is actually very common with pc speaker systems, there never as nicely made as you typical hifi system.

your not going mad lol

Soldato
i get it on my z680's, sounds like the robot things off the old smash adverts. also picked the the plce frequency on a old decoder in the rear speakers

Soldato
yep i had this problem, when I took them back to the shop i bought them from they blamed it on my house wiring lol, Still got the refund though, they are good speakers for the price though.

Associate
OP
Yer when you turn the lights off in the house you can hear that through them, and sometimes you get a rough cracking noise for abour 3-7secounds. Damm annoying but the system its self apart from these problems is really good.

Soldato
iceman911 said:
Yer when you turn the lights off in the house you can hear that through them, and sometimes you get a rough cracking noise for abour 3-7secounds. Damm annoying but the system its self apart from these problems is really good.
exactly what happens..glad im not the only one....i also got the radio problem which i had posted on the General Hardware problem. its quite annoying but these speakers quality is excellent which makes up for it!

Caporegime
iceman911 said:
Hi all.

I purchased a Logitech 5.1 Speaker system in Germany. I think its a X530 or something like that, and ive set it all up and it sounds brilliant. However when i turn the sound down to 0% on the control on the speaker, i seem to be picking up German radio or something. I can deffinatly hear voices and occasionaly music coming from it. As far as i know there isnt a radio tuner in them and i havent got one on my sound card. This problem only occurs in the Centre Speaker. And this problem dosent occour with other speaker sets of headphone sets, so it cant be the sound card i dont think.

Any suggestions?

btw im not crazy :) :confused: :confused:

Get the same here, i think everyone does with these speakers, once you turn the volume up it goes, i can only hear it if i put the speaker right up against my ear though, and once you start gaming/listening to music etc... you can't hear it at all, doesn't even interfere as you still get an awesome sound quality. :)

Only comes out of the right rear speaker for me.

I get the pops also when a light is turned on/off.

No your not crazy. :D

Back
Top Bottom