Three Mobile - Tether Blocking

Associate
Hi all,

I just renewed my contract and got a HTC Sensation and I have rooted it and installed a custom ROM with everything working fine and dandy but I was interested to know if anyone has a way of bypassing three mobile's tether blocking? Its weird because I used to be able to do it on my old Nokia N97 without issue but when I try to use my HTC Sensation it knows I am doing it and tells me I can't on the PC.

I know you can do tethering if you have the "One Plan" but I am on "Text 500" with unlimited data usage and if I wanted to change plans they tell me it will cost me over £40 a month which I don't want to pay.

So like I said has anyone managed to get a work around for this? I have already tried changing my user agent on the PC to mimic my mobile but that didn't work.

Tried seveal android apps for wireless tethering but they all failed to work for actually bypassing the tether block and HTC Sensation has built in wifi tethering anyway so not sure if this is the proble. (tried usb tethering same effect)

Any help would be apperciated.

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot for all the replies.

Just bought easy tether pro cost me £6 on the market didn't work I checked my APN its set to three.co.uk so that's not the problem.

I can't seem to work out how they always know I am using my phone :/ its a HTC Sensation like I said but I completely rooted and installed a custom ROM on it so there is no 3 mobile stuff left on the phone encase they had some process running to detect it somehow :/

Anyone else know anything that might work?

--------------

Ok just tired setting my phone to connect to a VPN :/ setup my own on my dedicated server and I thought I had everything right but phone wont connect keeps saying "server hung up wrong username and password" so tried that a load of times no joy, thinking I messed it up somehow I rented a VPN for £5 to test it out and it wont connect to that either and that should be fine so now I think I have something else wrong.

I started this VPN business because I had no problems on my old phone but I recently renewed my contract and that is when this trouble started, so when ever you guys renew your contract they will update there terms of service with you and you will no longer be able to do it on your current plans only the one plan will allow tethering.

So I am screwed it looks like, I think they must be packet sniffing to see that I am tethering the only way I can see how they are managing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom