Top end Produced albums for Headphone Dancing

Caporegime
OP
True, but if the recording sucks yours will hear it. I've not ran into too many issues for stuff uploaded in the last 3 years. Some absolutely sound awful and just have a resolution bump(video)

They keep changing it but last I checked youtube were using high bitrate audio for everything over 240p on new uploads.

Problem is a lot of stuff on youtube has been re-encoded a few too many times so even if its ~200kbit/s for the audio the actual audio quality is often lower.

Do the Spotify v tidal test if you haven't with the same song...

Caporegime
OP
The Shins - "Wincing the Night Away" is a fantastically recorded album.

That's more like it....Not interested in gaming sound tracks...And youtube videos with pants audio :p

The Shins are quality records...Thanks for the reminder :)

Remember seeing them live in the Basement on Sky TV...Quality band with beautiful arrangements.

Caporegime
OP
Genuinely is fantastically recorded.
I use the first two tracks in my playlist of test tracks for speakers and headphones. Along with some Pink Floyd, Placebo, Tame Impala, Sigur Rós, Explosions in the Sky, The Police, Massive Attack, Deadmau5 and many others all in 24/96 FLAC rips and 320kbps CBA MP3 versions.

Just Listening to The Police now...Forgot how good the drums sound on these recordings.

Half the battle is remembering what I like....Its the fault of too much choice.

Caporegime
OP
I have Displacing the Priest, Beyond skin and Prophecy. They are all excellent but Beyond Skin is perhaps the most accessible and had the best critical reception.

I don't have a tidal account thought and can't seem to browse the site easily without starting a trial or creating an account.

Beyond Skin is great listening cheers...I'm a huge fan of indian music and the influences in this along with electronica and Vocals etc...is making my Denon D2000 dance!

Back
Top Bottom