Twitch TV Streaming

Associate
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had experience streaming games to Justin/Twitch TV. I would like to stream multiboxing my five warlocks and also for SWTOR being released. However I cannot get my stream to run smoothly. I have tried various settings and tried various broadcasting software. I have read some guides saying that you can stream smoothly at 480p with a 500kbps upload speed. Any ideas chaps?

edit: heres a video of me playing some bf3, as you can see the video is very blocky and laggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzAspXqaaY

Last edited:
Associate
OP
My specs are Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0Ghz, Corsair XMS3 12GB, Corsair H80, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 3TB Hitachi Deskstar, 2GB MSI 6970, Asus Xonar D2X, Windows 7 64bit Pro

My internet is 50 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload

Associate
OP
Thanks for those settings, I shall try them later tonight. Its pretty much down to my available bandwidth which is rubbish. Need to look into getting 100meg internet, which has 10meg up and should do the job for a nice 720p stream. Thanks again

Associate
OP
If you're on Virgin Media 50 MB then you should have a 10 MB upload. At least mine is, so I don't see why yours wouldn't be. I was under the impression that they'd upgraded all 50 MB lines to 10 MB upload.

only 1 meg upload for me, although thinking about it I remember hearing about the upload being upgraded. not sure really

edit: im going to call VM today and see if I can get my upload sorted, as it seems I should have 10 meg upload with my service. I pay them enough every month anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I spoke to VM earlier today. Apparently my area needs an upgrade to get 50/5, which is still better that my current 50/1. By that time I will be able to upgrade to 100/10 anyway so that's a bit pointless. I tried the settings that H2F Scott recommended and it seems to work well. Guess I just have to wait until I have more bandwidth available to get the quality I am looking for. Posted my stream below for anyone interested. Thanks for the help guys.

www.twitch.tv/insta6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom