• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****UK's Best Price & Staggering DEAL - ATI HD 5870 £179.99 Delivered!*****

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Right guys this deal is truly amazing and I am only holding this price for pre-orders *ONLY* so if you want a 5870 for £199.99 Inc. VAT and delivered to forum members you need to order before the stock arrives which is on Friday this week, so you have two days. No excuses, its payday, its XMAS, so treat yourself! When these come into stock the price will increase to £220 so by pre-ordering your saving £20, thats a night out if you can't hold your drink. :D

So here it is:-

OcUK ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card ***Pre-Order Special Price*** @ £179.99 inc VAT

GX-136-OK_400.jpg

Prepare to experience a riveting high-definition gaming experience with the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics processors. Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays and get lost in the action with revolutionary ATI Eyefinity Technology. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first to deliver full support for Microsoft DirectX 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition.

- Core Clock: 850MHz
- Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 4800MHz (Effective)
- Memory Bandwidth: 153.6GB/s
- Processing Cores: 1600
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI & 1 DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFireX Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- Warranty: 2 Years

Was [£219.99] Inc. VAT

Only £179.99 inc VAT.***Pre-Order Special Price ONLY***

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
If you're willing to spend £240, you might as well wait and see what the 6950 brings to the table in 12 days time. Or the 570 which is due soon as well.

They will probably be another £30-£40 more than that 470, but should justify that by being faster.

But if your budget it £250, then I'd go for the 470 as most reach 480 speeds when overclocked.

This is faster than a 470!

Its £200.

570 Incoming will be above £250 as will 6950!

£200 cards are GTX 470 and ATI 6870, this 5870 beats them both for same money, its just a cracking deal we've secured due to manufacturers clearing stock. ATI are loosing lots of money on these now!

OcUK Staff
OP
Can you provide a link that backs that up, if it is law I can't see how the likes of our big retailers such as DSG, John Lewis etc sell things with 1 year warranties

It is law, but a reseller/etailor can refuse to honor warranty after a year and direct back to manufacturer. Then its how that manufacturer deals with it, some are good, some are poor.

Either way its best if the reseller is willing to deal with it, easier for customer. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
False statement right there, thought you knew better than that Gibbo.

Its not false!

ATI are loosing money, they have had to drop a card vastly due to having overstocks in the channel, that cost money, which results in loosing money.

So in what way is it a false statement?

If they can sell product into me at $290 but then have to drop to say $250 to shift the stock, they are indeed loosing money.

The person who really looses out big time is the board partner, because they are selling at a loss unless AMD help them out financially.

OcUK Staff
OP
Stock is here a day early, so I shall hold this pre-order price until Monday but the cards are shipping now. :)

Shall post some photos up shortly. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Because it's not AMD selling the cards it's VTX, VTX would buy an allocation of chips these chips would have been produced pre 6800 series. You really think VTX or AMD are making a loss even a 5870 @ circa £200 both parties will still have made profit.

Fact is VTX have a build cost, they have sold below what there build cost is substancially as are other ATI AIB Partners.

I know this for a fact, the only way VTX or any other board partner can prevent loosing money is to go back to AMD and say we need to shift our 5870 inventry which we own at this price, but we need to sell it at this price. Then hopefully AMD will financially sort them out so they can move the stock at a lower cost. If AMD refuse then the board partner takes a hit and looses money.

I have close personal friends at manufacturers who know all the costing and know for a fact at these new prices with funding from AMD the board partners are now loosing money.

Also to compete with competitors following our pricing I've lowered our 5870 price and anyone who placed an order for one, call our sales to refund the difference.

OcUK Staff
OP
the thing is they only want to clear the stock of 5870 as 6950 and 6970 coming and nobody will buy 5870 when they come so they dont care if they selling for a loss they could even sell them for 100£ ~ 150£.

they probably selling it now at 100 £ so i will be not surprise if ocuk will lover them even lower maybe when 69** come out they will lover them for 150 £

edit: i seen that price change from 187 to 179 :p

do they even have voltage control ?

Thats rubbish!

I have 6950 and 6970 stock shipping and I've paid for it.

I can tell you now the pricing will be:-

6950 @ £270 - £300 Inc. VAT
6970 @ £360 - £400 inc. VAT

I have lots en-route.

Now the 5870's are sub £200, thats £100 cheaper than a 6950 and same price as a 6870.

People will and are buying 5870's now they are sub £200 because at sub £200 there is no faster card. :)

5870 won't be going £150 or lower, what would be the point, as then 6850/6870 would not sell.

Plus if you think 69xx cards are gonna be £200 then think again and look at my pricing above, again use common sense, why would 6950 be same price as a 6870?

6950 competes with GTX 570/480 and is priced similar.
6970 competes with GTX 580 and is priced similar.

OcUK Staff
OP
But Gibbo, doesn't the Xfx have an Ocuk Premium Priority 2yr Warranty which surely gives it a big advantage. I'm surprised Ocuk dont push this 'premium' warranty more than they do.:confused:

I'd be all over that Xfx 5870 if I hadn't recently bought a 470 from you.:D

The VTX also has 2yr warranty which OcUK look after too, so both the same. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
gibbo do you think that the stock on the vtx 5870 will hold out for a week? because i cannot get the money untill then and i defo want to get one of those beasts?

Less than 50pc left, we can't get more, when were down to the last 20 or so the price will go back to £200 as were giving these away, those who order now basically are doing well. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Any response from ocuk on the cooler issue and other things mentioned?

Hi there

It appears, the batch was mixed, anyone who is unhappy send the card back under DSR for a full refund.

Because of this I can no longer guarantee any particular type of cooler as its impossible for us to check all the stock and as this is end of life stock the manufacturer can't do anything either, this was the last lot.

Its just a shame some of them have the reference ATI cooler which some will see as a bonus and others will not.

Back
Top Bottom