Unicorn Hunting... What laptop?

Associate
Hi All

Looking to replace my laptop. Thinking of going for a Dell XPS15 however looking to be talked out of it with a better option

Main functions:
Light video editing on the move
Light gaming docked
Everyday office work
3D Cad work (Fusion 360)

I am looking at the XPS 15 with 4070. its about £2500. Having something Slim and portable i can use on a plane is a must. I have considered a macbook but inability to replace RAM and SSD puts me massively off. So slim and light with a premium feel is a must. The dell obviously has limitations of 50w on the 4070 but I dont think that will cause me a major issue. the 3.5k display will really help me out on fusion360 work and 1080p just wont suffice. Dont need anything more than USBC and must charge via USB C also as well as dock to my ultrawide at home.

Not too fussed on sound quality as wont use the onboard speakers or webcam. keyboard feel is important also.

So the question is does anything beat the XPS 15 in this area? Im really not up to speed on laptop brands. My current laptop is a Dell and 4 years old. Its been faultless and no complaints. But definately open to better machines.

Back
Top Bottom