Upgrade to 8 Pack B-Die?

Associate
I am curently running 4 * 16Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 1733 Mhz, 16-18-18-36 with an AMD Ryzen 5950X. I have seen that I can get 64Gb (4*16Gb) of 8-Pack B-Die 3600 for 149.99 so am tempted but I have a couple of questions:
1) Is it worth it? I am assuming that this will clock higher as it is 3600 out of the box and also B-die.
2) will it fit? I have an MSI b450 Tomahawk Max with a Scythe Mugen PCGH cooler but I have replaced the fans on this for 2 Arctics
I am also contemplating purchasing a Noctua NH-D15 so would want this to fit as well

Thanks!

Associate
I'm not sure if the ram will fit on your board and with the cooler you have, but as to the 1st question - is it worth it? - probably not tbh, the gains you will see are probably going to be minor, but you may be able to get in around the "sweet spot" that sits around 3800mhz If i remember correctly

But if you do decide to buy, with the mindset of overclocking the ram, I'd suggest trying to overclock your infinity fabric and see how far you can push it, eg my infinity fabric caps out at 3800mhz, any higher and I get whea 19 - bus/interconnect errors liker thers no tomorrow.

Soldato
Once you go 8-pack you can never go back. From my experience you’ll have no trouble tapping out the infinity fabric with tight timings.

With heat sinks removed and a fan blowing over this memory I’ve had some nutty performance out of it.

Back
Top Bottom