• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Using 12V HPWR to power 3 x 8 Pin PCIE 7900 XTX

Man of Honour
Sorry if I'm being incredibly dense.... but surely you wouldn't even be able to plug the cable into the card as the 3x 8pin connectors would be female, but you'd need male connectors to plug in to the female connectors on the GPU?
They're not very common cables.

Basically, you plug the 12VHPWR into the PSU as normal, which leaves you with the male 12VHPWR for your RTX graphics card.

You then plug the male 12VHPWR into a female 12VHPWR connector, the cable of which extends into the 8 pin PCI-E connectors, all of which are male for your graphics card with female 8 pin connectors.

Associate
They're not very common cables.
Ah ok, yeah I've never seen cables like that....although aren't the cablemod cables that @Richie linked female 8 pins?

I see now that the moddiy one linked is as you say, although I would have assumed they were designed to go in the 8pin sockets on the PSU and power an nV card.

Either way I don't really see the point and think going straight 8 >8 would look neater.... putting them in a 24pin comb would keep things tidy!

Back
Top Bottom