VCAP Certification

Permabanned
Anyone here found that it was worthwhile taking VMware certification further, or did it make little difference to your career?

VCAP-DCD looks easier than VCAP-DCV, although I plan to take a shot at both I guess.

Permabanned
OP
Yes this is what I thought.

No retirements at all... thats just nonsense, its DCD and DCV, totally fine with that.

Im also VCP6 now, so plan to do VCAP6-DCD, which I must admit looks quite easy compared to the DCV.

I think architecting is more logical and straighforward than the levels of admin VMware expect you to know for the nitty gritty... Time will tell... There are not many VCAP resources out there which is a shame.

:(

What did VCAP do for you specifically? I was looking for a job in the Vmware DataCenter here, but not much is going on right now.

Permabanned
OP
It led to a situation where I had an approximate 75% pay increase.

Like most exams, the design exam requires you to think like the people who wrote the exam. I know people that took 4 attempts to pass.

General consensus is that the administration exam is easier, especially if your working with a production environment.

But your job must almost be 100% Vmware for this?

You really really need to be powerCLI-ing every day and doing day to day things on a large scale to keep up this level of skills?

Rather annoyed I just got VCP6 and its already out of date with 6.5 being released. Vmware development cycle is ridiculous. Its never ending.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom