Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Man of Honour
OP
Im not ready to give up on it yet! Ive found a dead fet on cpu power delivery... I need to know if the cpu still works!!! so ive ordered in the fets.

Man of Honour
OP
I think today I work on some more stuff! Not sure what yet but perhaps some GPU's... I caught up on some switches that have been in the queue for way too long yesterday and did a quick video on an OLED wifi reball and repair... That was fun! hopefully some more updates later today!

Man of Honour
OP
Thought I would sit down for a bit with the nomad footage and see if I can make it into something watchable... How do people even do this? I've got like 4 and a half hours of footage and youtube vids work best for like 30 mins at most... if we have any budding content creators in here whats the tips... I should have i think been smarter than just sitting down and hitting several mods in one go, perhaps i should have not done it how I did it.

I do take out and refit the region mods about 3 times but there are some interesting findings in that plus a walk through on how to manually set the region that might be useful but I guess I could cut probably half of it out or something. Seems a waste not to do something with it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
im getting seriously itchy feet to work on the pc engine gt as well... havent worked on anything for myself in ages! But I do still have the backlog and revisits to get through now parts are / have turned up.

Soldato
100% - Would love to see them!
Cheers me 'ol cocka'!

Managed to snag a PS3 Slim for £25 collected off Gumtree. Have a Super Slim but it just feels so cheap and tacky comared to the Slim! The Super Slim has now been relegated to my hotel/travel PS3 and the Slim is now the main.

Disassembled, cleaned and re-pasted - forgot to take the after pictures. :(

Was surprised how quick and easy it was to do, the PS4 Slim was a mare compared to this to be honest.

1zQ3w4S.jpg
Qu4jVHS.jpg
W46KKsO.jpg
uEYCxAG.jpg
azVyJ3o.jpg
LJGKA11.jpg

Soldato
Thought I would sit down for a bit with the nomad footage and see if I can make it into something watchable... How do people even do this? I've got like 4 and a half hours of footage and youtube vids work best for like 30 mins at most... if we have any budding content creators in here whats the tips... I should have i think been smarter than just sitting down and hitting several mods in one go, perhaps i should have not done it how I did it.

I do take out and refit the region mods about 3 times but there are some interesting findings in that plus a walk through on how to manually set the region that might be useful but I guess I could cut probably half of it out or something. Seems a waste not to do something with it.
If you can’t reduce it by speeding sections up, then just split it into parts. I’ve watched several videos on YouTube that have been interesting enough to keep me hooked for a few parts, as well as plenty of others that have sections sped up to reduce their size. If done right, that works really well.

Soldato
Need to replace the thumb sticks in my Joy Cons, absolute mine field of options out there! What would you say is the best option? What sort of price would you pay?

Man of Honour
OP
Need to replace the thumb sticks in my Joy Cons, absolute mine field of options out there! What would you say is the best option? What sort of price would you pay?

The very best are the gulkit hall effects - After that the cheap 70p ones are as good as or inline with the original.

Man of Honour
OP
I like the DSi - Nice and simple to fix (generally) as well!

Given I normally sell repaired ones at like £20 ill do it for free :) - Cant charge you but it might make some decent content - I even have some donor boards laying around for them. Probably something super simple and wont take me long to make it work.

Soldato
Given I normally sell repaired ones at like £20 ill do it for free :) - Cant charge you but it might make some decent content - I even have some donor boards laying around for them. Probably something super simple and wont take me long to make it work.
I'll send you a message again mate, thanks. More than happy to pay for parts and your time.

Soldato
Went for the Gulikits, fitted them last night. Unfortunately, the second one was faulty, so had to take them both back out to send back

Better luck next time hopefully

Man of Honour
OP
Went for the Gulikits, fitted them last night. Unfortunately, the second one was faulty, so had to take them both back out to send back

Better luck next time hopefully

One thing you absolutley have to do is run calibration after you fit them!

Back
Top Bottom