weak wireless signal

Associate
I have a sky Sagem wireless modem/router & trying to connect to a pc the other side of the house with a wireless dongle, it seems the signal is to weak & wont connect. It works if i bring the pc close to the modem so i know it must be the distance, its only a cheap wireless dongle im using so is there something better/ stronger i could try?

Associate
OP
I have tried a couple of different channels already but not all of them so i will give that a go, i have also put two usb extenders (with repeaters) together to get closer but still no good.
What i was hoping for was for someone to recommend something that might pick the signal up a bit better . . . . :/

Associate
OP
The wireless router/modem is right next to a wall & in the direction of the other pc, so thats not good then.
I have no idea if im getting interferance from neighboring waps, how would i know?
In the options under "Mode" i see 54g auto, 54g performance, 54g LRS, 802.11b Only, options, which one is best, its on 54g auto at the moment.

Associate
OP
Hey Bob thanks for all that advice, im in the middle of something atm but will try it soon. Im also considering trying to run a Cat5 cable to the other side of the house, its gonna be tricky to do (hiding the cable) but might be worth it, thanks again. . . . ;)

Back
Top Bottom