Well that’s my new Noble icon ruined

Associate
I received my new leather Cognac Icon little under 2 weeks ago, I ordered their new memory foam seat base when I ordered the chair as it was on a pre order promo price (seems not as it’s still the same price without promo) I received this 3days ago, I’ve had it on my chair since I got it and today decided to remove it as the icon had a slight back support on the back, using the base you no longer get that support.

Well when I removed it, I noticed it has left a black imprint all over the leather, I have tried cleaning it with leather cleaner that I use on my car seats, it just won’t come off.

Little disappointed with this, not exactly ruined but I didn’t expect a pillow they sell for their chairs to stain the leather :(

Unfortunately the camera don’t catch it as well as in person where it is a lot more visible.

Associate
OP
T
A blessing probably, chair ruined before it ruins your back. Get an ergonomic office chair instead.
I actually quite like the chair and without the cushion I get decent lumber support, most ergo chairs I looked at are all fabric and unfortunately not suitable for my work.

I contacted customer service and Noble over the weekend, let’s see if they reply.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well when I removed it, I noticed it has left a black imprint all over the leather, I have tried cleaning it with leather cleaner that I use on my car seats, it just won’t come off.
My thoughts. It looks like the seat base has unbonded black pigment / paint, and this has been absorbed by the porous leather and bonded to it. This is why it's difficult to get off. I don't know whether there is any cleaning agent that could actually remove it without damaging the leather. My other thought is that recolouring the leather might fix it, I've seen that done with car seats, but I'm not an expert here.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
These chairs aren't exactly cheap so i
Wouldn't expect something they sold
To go with the chair to do that
Any dark colour chair
Guess it wouldn't be noticed
But yeah would expect their customer service
To help you out
Hopefully that's what does happen
I gave them a call just now and they will be sending me a new replacement base, might take a week or two they mentioned as it’s coming from abroad and luckily the last one they had. Also returning the memory foam cushions for a refund.

If it was the black leather I doubt you would notice it, on this it’s really visible and distracts from what is otherwise a very nice looking chair, although a little firm.

Associate
OP
My thoughts. It looks like the seat base has unbonded black pigment / paint, and this has been absorbed by the porous leather and bonded to it. This is why it's difficult to get off. I don't know whether there is any cleaning agent that could actually remove it without damaging the leather. My other thought is that recolouring the leather might fix it, I've seen that done with car seats, but I'm not an expert here.
I tried 5-6 different leather cleaners I had which unfortunately would not shift it, fortunately the base is being replaced now by OC.

Soldato
I gave them a call just now and they will be sending me a new replacement base, might take a week or two they mentioned as it’s coming from abroad and luckily the last one they had. Also returning the memory foam cushions for a refund.

If it was the black leather I doubt you would notice it, on this it’s really visible and distracts from what is otherwise a very nice looking chair, although a little firm.
Problems do happen unfortunately
It's how a company deals with them
That makes the difference
Seems their response is fair enough in this case

Associate
OP
Problems do happen unfortunately
It's how a company deals with them
That makes the difference
Seems their response is fair enough in this case
Absolutely, customer service is what makes or breaks a company and I’m happy with the resolution they offered without me having to ask for anything, they also mentioned there’s no need to return the current one so I’ll put current one away as a spare.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Absolutely, customer service is what makes or breaks a company and I’m happy with the resolution they offered without me having to ask for anything, they also mentioned there’s no need to return the current one so I’ll put current one away as a spare.
Noble support from OcUK has been spot on in my experience. I had a failed arm-rest (the sliding mechanism failed), so a new pair of armrests were given to me in replacement (which have been fine now for over a year). As with you, I kept the originals, so I have a spare for one side at least.

Back
Top Bottom