what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
OP
should i save up and sell my dt 150's to get some dt 250's are my 150's recognised as being anygood ? youl have to excuse me i come from a speaker background, used to krk rockit 5's. and genelecs.

Associate
OP
They apparently sound identical to the K701s (which I had a pair of recently, and sold). They're very detailed, but to the point of almost sounding artificial. Not much bass, pretty crap for metal/rock due to harsh highs (and will have you wishing they were a little less 'analytical'), relentlessly unkind to poorly recorded material and a bit flimsy. Very, very good for jazz, but simply awful for hip hop, electronica, rock, metal, drum & bass etc (basically anything with bass or lots of cymbals). I also found they had a weird plasticy resonance at certain frequencies, for instance when a rimshot was played, it sounded like somebody was tapping the earcup with something hard.

I saw a picture of some ages ago, and promised myself a pair. They were my holy grail for ages, but were ultimately rather disappointing to my ears.

thanks for your input, definitely been put off them then, my DT 150's seem to produce very nice lows and accurate highs its just id rather know whether to keep them or put £120 towards something better

Associate
OP
Haha just realised I created this thread and it really took off, guys I've got a pair of dt 150 but I'm considering. A pair of akg k702 what do you think,should I just stick to my dt 150 would improve much improvement

Back
Top Bottom