• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
That's like me saying called this: :p

Glad your enjoying the switch though HPM. Extra money from work always good.
Well I haven't got it yet fella, delivery here is tricky so it'll be delivered to work on Monday.

Yeah the work thing was totally unexpected. Last year, they gave us a 10% pay rise across the board which really made a difference to take home pay. So what I expected this year was at best, an under inflation rate pay rise and no bonus. I got that under inflation pay rise, but wasn't gonna complain after the 10% the previous year. Lucky just to have a job really. Last year I got no lump sum bonus, but this year I did. So with that and the prospect of shifting on a very good 3080 FE, I figured do it now, won't hurt due to the unexpected funds.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well I haven't got it yet fella, delivery here is tricky so it'll be delivered to work on Monday.

Yeah the work thing was totally unexpected. Last year, they gave us a 10% pay rise across the board which really made a difference to take home pay. So what I expected this year was at best, an under inflation rate pay rise and no bonus. I got that under inflation pay rise, but wasn't gonna complain after the 10% the previous year. Lucky just to have a job really. Last year I got no lump sum bonus, but this year I did. So with that and the prospect of shifting on a very good 3080 FE, I figured do it now, won't hurt due to the unexpected funds.

We got a rise at work recently too but it was the too little too late thing. We should have got it the year before but you can see other organisations folding so like you just happy to sit it out for the time being. It weren't much of a difference as everything has gone up way more % but you can tell that change makes the monthly spends better. I don't think these parts are going to get cheap anytime soon so as long as your offsetting the best you can I wouldn't stress.

Associate
We got a rise at work recently too but it was the too little too late thing. We should have got it the year before but you can see other organisations folding so like you just happy to sit it out for the time being. It weren't much of a difference as everything has gone up way more % but you can tell that change makes the monthly spends better. I don't think these parts are going to get cheap anytime soon so as long as your offsetting the best you can I wouldn't stress.
That's exactly what I thought. I did wait to see if NVidia caved with their 4080 price, which they kinda did with the Super but another 150 quid off was far more desirable and realistic. I do think the 3080 FE second hand value will go down somewhat in the next year as well, so maybe the right time to move it on.

More video memory will make me feel happier too. High quality texture packs are something I like.

G J

G J

Associate
Called it back last august.

TBH it should have just released at £650 instead of the daft £900 AMD tried charging for it, anyone who bought at or around those prices should feel insulted and ripped off as we are now seeing the true value of the product.
Its great these cards are cheeper now but AMD made their money dont forget people where defending this pricing but hey at the time it was about £50-150 cheeper than nvidia though thanks to them we could charge this much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom