Where to go on a short break?

Soldato
Greetings peeps.

I'm after suggestions on where to go for a short weeks holiday with my g'f. Somewhere nice and warm but with no more than 5 hours spent on a flight from Edinburgh. Nice and cheap would be a bonus too.
Oh, my weeks holiday starts on the 6th March if that helps :D

Feel free to post your recommendations :D

Associate
greenlizard0 said:
I'd heard that Norway isn't too bad? And's a bit closer to scotland than erm, me

Probably not particulary warm quite yet :)

Mediterrean coast of Croatia is a good bet... although I'm not too sure of the availability of direct flights from Edinburgh.

Soldato
www.flyglobespan.com for very cheap flights to tenerife then book with a hotel direct, should be cheap enough. Otherwise just go skiing, that's what this time of year is for and you can't beat it.

edit: in fact they don't fly to Tenerife from Edinburgh but loads of other destinations...

Man of Honour
www.skideals.com is good for planning if you don't have much idea about what you actually want to do - there are some pretty good resort guides there too. I'd recommend Inghams, Crystal and Thomson for Ski package deals.

As for your March break, remember that beach resorts outside of the Canaries, Majorca, Costa Del Sol and Costa Blanca will be in all effect "closed" until The first week in May. So that's no to Greece, Turkey, Italy, Croatia.......
Whilst the capitals and large cities will still be business as usual, the actual holiday resorts in these places are pretty much shut for the winter, which also means no charter flights, scheduled only which can work out pricey.

Associate
I'm going to Almeria in Spain with the gf in April - 20C apparently, not bad. We spent a few weeks trying to pick somewhere to go and in the end went with the point randomnly at a map method.

Back
Top Bottom