Which 140mm Fans for Radiator?

Associate
Ordered a Corsair 650D and would like to put a 140.2 rad in the roof. Specifically the "Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 280".

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-021-BX

Which 140mm fans would you guys recommend? I know that rad has a high amount of fins, so guess it will need good air pressure. But I'm struggling to work out what's best. I would like the fans to be silent though, probably run through a fan controller too.

Associate
OP
I decided on the Bitfenix Spectre pros in the end. Seemed to offer good performance, are quiet, and I could get matching 120mm, 140mm and 200mm versions for my new setup. The akasa viper looks good on paper too. But got put off by the yellow blades

Associate
OP
OP, would be interested in how your setup is performing for you? Is it as expected? If 1.38 works on a 30 FPI radiator I may well go for the Aerocools (1.07) on my target 8.5 FPI radiator, hopefully they would be as quiet as the 120mm versions.

It's my first watercooling setup, so I'm not speaking from great experience. But I'm quite happy how much air the Bitfenix fans seem to pull through the rad. 8 fpi can't be much of an obstruction, I wouldn't have thought you'd need to worry too much. I will try to update when I get the right up and running properly. Still building it at the moment.

I really considered going for the 120.2 rad. But on paper it makes sense to go for the larger 140.2 rad. And I feel it suits the top of the 650d case well. The 120 looks too small and has a ton of open vents around it. The 140 fills that gap better, and looks like it should be there. I'll hopefully have good positive case pressure that will aid the larger rad instead of letting air escape around around it.

Back
Top Bottom