• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which games do you like to test a new GPU with ?

Soldato
OP
TJ07 is still one of my all time favourite cases, Silverstone made such brilliant cases, I still have my Raven RV02-ew (I think thats the code for the white one), it's not being used but I cant bear to part with it.

I only just dumped my Silverstone FT02 fortress case about 2 weeks ago ( It been sitting in the loft for about 6 years)
I was kicking myself for doing that a few days later as i had enough spare system parts kicking around to build a 4770k /z 87/ 16GB ram/ GTX1080 system in it which i could have then sold off as a working PC

Can't remember when i dumped my Silverstone TJ07 case as it was some years back now, Was an amazing case back then for watercooilng as it held the 360mm Rad in the lower section..

Last edited:
Associate
Because that game really hammers a GPU when the settings are maxed out for a 5 year old game.

Bench test of that game i did with my 4090 at 3440 x 1440 (UW)

NmKruEF.png
That seems mad for a 4090.... or is that FULLY maxed out (like 8x MSAA)? - Could have sworn I was getting around that or better on my 7900XT at 4K (but probably lowered AA and maybe a few other things... I've reinstalled windows since so I can't check)

Anyway, for what I'd use to test performance, it'd be whatever the most demanding things I would want to play are - Currently Ark:SA and Kerbal 2 (both very demanding in their own ways).

For stability, the usual benches (3d mark, Unigine etc.) plus some demanding games - CP2077/AW2/TLOU/Jedi if you have it, or something else with RT (Metro Exodus or Control out of the stuff I have already)

On a kinda funny related note, many years ago I found the best CPU test to be the Atari Ghostbusters game - It made my CPU overclock on my Q6600 fall over which was 12+ hours P95/OCCT stable :D

Back
Top Bottom