• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which is a better deal? 5820k vs 6800k

Associate
I was looking at the Intel Extreme CPUs for quite some time now, but when the time has come to decide which one I should buy, I can't.
What would you guys do? Buy 5820k or 6800k? Differences between them are very small only 22nm vs 16 nm; +100Mhz; +£80 basically.
I'm just curious if the newer CPU would be worthy of the extra price as those +100 Mhz could be easily reached by overcloking the older one. In some review I've also seen that it (6800k) doesn't really performane that much better in real-life situations.
Also, would it make any difference in a choice of a Motherboard as I'd like to go with the ASUS Strix Gaming, but it seems that both CPUs are running on the same 2011-v3, or is there actually any diffeeence?

Back
Top Bottom