Wifi tethering on Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Ok. So I discovered after taking out my three contract with unlimited data that they do not allow tethering. This is a really bad inconvenience for me as I spend time at my friends who does not have home internet.

Anyway I setup a vpn on my router at home which I connect to on my phone, and with the use of clockwork tether, I can tether my phone via usb to the laptop and it works fine. No issues there.
the problems start when I try to tether wirelessly. I get no internet access. If I connect my 3DS to my phone, I can access the eshop and can connect to the nintendo network, but when I try to play online on mario kart for instance, I get disconnected.

Im assuming wifi tethering requires more than just enabling it on my phone, like it does with usb tethering.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue and could they possibly guide me through how to do it? I'm assuming there is a way to direct wifi connections through my VPN...

My phone is a Galaxy Note 3 btw.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Download and install cyberghost VPN, gets round the tethering block over wifi for a friend of mine when he tethers to his laptop through an android wifi hotspot.

For the record three block his tethering when he's not using cyberghost VPN

Cheers
Is cyberghost vpn an app? I can't seem to find it on the play store

Associate
OP
Apparently the only way I can user Cyberghost vpn is through the OpenVPN app, which requires me to pay a subscription fee. No good to me since I can't even test weather or not it will solve my problem

Associate
OP
Ah well, it doesn't work for me. I instantly get the "tethering detected" page. It's fine if im connected to my VPN at home though. I just need to find a way to get wifi tethered connections to access the internet too, so I can play my 3DS when im out and about. I don't plan on using a lot of data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom