Windows Home Server 2011 and anniversary upgrade

Associate
I am unable to get WHS 2011 pc connector to install ever since the anniversary upgrade of win 10. It gets to downloading software and bugs out with an error message and unwinds. Tried every mortal thing and have resorted to Acronis.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. First thing I noticed was backups had failed or hadn't been tried. Couldn't connect with the connector but could still through Windows network and remote desktop. Uninstalled connector but it wouldn't reinstall. Laptop is fine although it has also been updated. Been round the houses with it. Tried installing on the admin acount but no go. Noticed there was a server service which refused to start.

Associate
OP
Wonder if it's a server or client problem. It seems hardly worth reinstalling windows over. WHS is a bit overkill anyway but it did take daily backups regular as clockwork and saved my skin a few times. Acronis is doing the same job. I just can't give up on these problems!

Associate
OP
Yes that's possible. Odd that the laptop is ok and its had the anniversary update. If it hadn't worked either I would just give up on it. How would windows 10 do as a server anyway? would it work headless like WHS does?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions. I would have thought you could turn power saving off and no password so that if it does restart after an update you go straight back to work?

Back
Top Bottom