Windscreen replacement Via Insurance and autoglass. Not heated?

Associate
Hello, Can anyone tell me if my replacement via insurance and autoglass windscreen is heated. It doesn't work and I can see no element in the screen?

The screen details are: Shatterprufe E11 laminated 43 R-00087 DOT 122 M39 AS1

Thank you

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hello, Can anyone tell me if my replacement via insurance and autoglass windscreen is heated. It doesn't work and I can see no element in the screen?

The screen details are: Sahatterprufe E11 laminated 43 R-00087 DOT 122 M39 AS1

Thank you
Sounds like they've fitted a much cheaper, non heated one. I'd be right back on them to fit like for like.

Caporegime
I have spoken to autoglass about this and they told me these days some heated screens do not have elements!?
This Jag is from the era they were owned by Ford, the heated screen DOES have an element in it. Even then, as you’ve said, it doesn’t work. Ask to open a complaint. I’d also consider calling your insurance company as Autoglass will bill them the full cost.

Associate
OP
have also alerted the insurer..

I have actually, just looked into it more and apparently the alternative heated screen these days has a fine copper sheet laminated between the glass. So there is an alternative.. this type of screen however has a coppery pink sort sort of tint to it. Mine does not have that either..

So back to my part number. Shatterprufe, the manufacturer don't have anything on their website.. maybe some one knows.. is this heated: Shatterprufe E11 laminated 43 R-00087 DOT 122 M39 AS1

Caporegime
have also alerted the insurer..

I have actually, just looked into it more and apparently the alternative heated screen these days has a fine copper sheet laminated between the glass. So there is an alternative.. this type of screen however has a coppery pink sort sort of tint to it. Mine does not have that either..

So back to my part number. Shatterprufe, the manufacturer don't have anything on their website.. maybe some one knows.. is this heated: Shatterprufe E11 laminated 43 R-00087 DOT 122 M39 AS1
I’d imagine if it was heated it would say so in the description. Heated screens are more expensive and they wouldn’t want heated screens being fitted to cars that don’t have them as standard.

Soldato
As said get onto your insurance and inform them that they haven't fitted a heated screen, if they claim it has been fitted then advise them it doesn't work and you would like it fixing as you should be able to use a heated screen, this worried me when I had a Focus screen replaced during lockdown, luckily they replaced like for like as they should do

Associate
OP
Insurance company are aware..

My focus now is on identifying the replacement screen to see if it is heated. I’ve tried contacting Shatterprufe, a couple of times.. no reply. Plenty of googling.. no luck.. Autoglass insisted they could not identify the screen as they have their own stock numbers, so the one stamped on the screen is irrelevant!?

So identifying as to whether it is or isn’t sold as heated, means they can’t blag me, or ware me down .. again, the screen is: Shatterprufe E11 laminated 43 R-00087 DOT 122 M39 AS1

Soldato
No insurer uses OEM screens anymore! You have to buy it get someone to fit pay for it yourself otherwise your stuck with Chinese OEM quality.....!

Mine wanted £2572 to replace for OEM so I just bought it at trade prices made my own arrangements to get it fitted at my cost £1100 vs £2572 Admiral wanted to use OEM!

Most motorists do not realise until they need one that you are not going to get an OEM replacement unless you pay for it yourself!

Soldato
No insurer uses OEM screens anymore! You have to buy it get someone to fit pay for it yourself otherwise your stuck with Chinese OEM quality.....!

Mine wanted £2572 to replace for OEM so I just bought it at trade prices made my own arrangements to get it fitted at my cost £1100 vs £2572 Admiral wanted to use OEM!

Most motorists do not realise until they need one that you are not going to get an OEM replacement unless you pay for it yourself!

?
The price is irrelevant. Nobody pays for windscreens surely? You pay your £50/75/100 insurance excess and let them crack on with it. They can replace it with whatever they want but it has to be a like for like with any heated elements or infrared tinting etc.

Soldato

They do, just tell them upfront when booking it in that you need a heated OEM windscreen. At worst, you might need to pay the excess. I got one replaced on my RR free of charge, just asked politely.

Associate
i press a button to switch my c max 17 plate heated screen on ...look in the handbook for the switch position. i may have missed it , but you dont mention model /year or how long you owned it, if a base focus it may not have one.
you can pop into a ford dealer with the car and the parts department will tell you on the computer if it came equipped from the factory.
i always get as built lists from my ford dealer everytime i or a member of the family purchase a ford. the dealer may charge a small amount for it or do it for free , i think the c max one is about 12 pages long.

ok having found your other post lower down i guess its a jag s type so heated elements now at the bottom if fitted.
i tryed google for you and first hit

sorry if link is against any rules

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom