XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
I was actually doing all the stupid questionnaires and stuff on bing and amassed some points,wonder if I've got enough for anything useful... I remember wasting loads on some lottery thing or something.

*Also isn't the Series X and S getting trounced in sales by the PS5? (Series S lol what a waste of time)
Don't waste your points on the MS lottery ... the chances of winning are almost zero. And yes, the Series consoles are being heavily outsold by Playstation ( and Nintendo ) at a ratio of 2:1

The Rewards program until last year was excellent ; I used to be able to easily get ~24,000 point per month. You could grab 3 months of GPU for 35,000 points. Now I can only get ~10,000 points per month, and it feels like hard work.

Last edited:
Associate
Totally agree. Its not really a loophole anyway, more of an enticement to lock you in at a favourable rate in the hope you set and forget or at least keep your sub going because you had it cheap for the first couple of years. I've been a subscriber since series x launch day and have two and a bit years left. Won't be renewing. GP is trash imo. I reckon I've probably downloaded a dozen games in that time and other than the Forza Horizon games and Back 4 Blood have barely played any.
Agreed, and I'll be doing the same. My GPU runs out in Dec 2026 ... I won't be renewing after that unless MS starts pumping out an avalanche of amazing games ( which I highly doubt ). I have a good idea about the games I like to play, and I'd rather own them and play when I want to rather than being tied to a subscription.

Last edited:
Associate
In short, no. This loophole has been in place for years but the terms are now much less favourable for the consumer. On top of this, the MS Rewards program has been gutted the last few months - used to be able to easily afford GPU just by doing the various activities. I think Xbox will lose a lot of subs due to this.

Yea, also no longer in that growth phase (maybe even declining paying subs if the alleged numbers are true). Maybe eventually the conversion rate will be phased out. Rewards and the initial GPU offering was such a unique selling point that worked well.

For me now, the Series X is a legacy machine. Using it to catch-up on my backlog and play older 360 games (actually been enjoying some Fallout 3 even owning the PC version). Since last year I've been buying new games on Switch, PC and PS5. MS is going to have to perform miracles to change my view now, which I just can't see.

Last edited:
Associate
Yea, also no longer in that growth phase (maybe even declining paying subs if the numbers). Maybe they eventually the conversion rate will be phased out. Rewards and the initial GPU offering was such a unique selling point that worked well.

For me now, the Series X is a legacy machine. Using it to catch-up on my backlog and play older 360 games (actually been enjoying some Fallout 3 even owning the PC version). Since last year I've been buying new games on Switch, PC and PS5. MS is going to have to perform miracles to change my view now, which I just can't see.
Similar scenario for me ; use my Series X to play older games and the occasional indie title that comes to Game Pass. But my main focus is on Steam/PC with a few exclusives & JRPGs for PS5/Switch. I don't plan on buying any further AAA multiplat titles on Xbox - for me it's a "dead" platform, or soon will be. If the upcoming tranche of Xbox titles are underwhelming ie. Avowed, Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones, I'll probably sell my Series X and just use my PC to access Xbox titles instead since many of them are crossplay.

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed, and I'll be doing the same. My GPU runs out in Dec 2026 ... I won't be renewing after that unless MS starts pumping out an avalanche of amazing games ( which I highly doubt ). I have a good idea about the games I like to play, and I'd rather own them and play when I want to rather than being tied to a subscription.

That's what I will be doing as well, though it's not something I need to think about just yet as my GP ultimate doesn't run out until some time in 2026. After that I will buy the games I want to own and just purchase the core subscription as and when if Im playing a lot of online multiplayer games. Same goes for my PS5 sub I have extra but when that expires I might just get a month or so of essential as and when.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't waste your points on the MS lottery ... the chances of winning are almost zero. And yes, the Series consoles are being heavily outsold by Playstation ( and Nintendo ) at a ratio of 2:1

The Rewards program until last year was excellent ; I used to be able to easily get ~24,000 point per month. You could grab 3 months of GPU for 35,000 points. Now I can only get ~10,000 points per month, and it feels like hard work.
I'm not sure but isn't the PS5 on about 70 million by now and the Xbox X/S combined is only on about 20-30 something million? That's a much higher ratio than 2:1.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not sure but isn't the PS5 on about 70 million by now and the Xbox X/S combined is only on about 20-30 something million? That's a much higher ratio than 2:1.
No, Sony announced in December last year that the PS5 had reached 50 million sales. Also, most of the Xbox sales are Series S ( again, I think it's approx 2:1 between Series S/X ).

Associate
The Series S is a good idea on paper,but they cut it down way too much imo. 10-12gb ram, and higher clocks would do wonders for it. Even the Series X,why is it only clocked at 1.8ghz? Why not bump it up to 2ghz? Why the split ram? Just stupid design imo.

Soldato
The Series S is a good idea on paper,but they cut it down way too much imo. 10-12gb ram, and higher clocks would do wonders for it. Even the Series X,why is it only clocked at 1.8ghz? Why not bump it up to 2ghz? Why the split ram? Just stupid design imo.

The series S was just a bad decision altogether, they should have just released the one console, in the series X. I get some like the series S because its cheaper and they call it their gamepass machine, but personally it was daft making 2 xbox consoles, it just makes everything more difficult for devs.

Soldato
My game pass finally ended, 2 months after it was meant to end, can't complain though!

I've got a couple of 3 month PC game pass codes so I'll add them in a bit. Hellblade 2 and Frostpunk 2 are both coming to game pass in the next few months so I'll re-sub for those at least.

Otherwise I'll just try and re-sub periodically when there is something I want to play rather than all the time!

Soldato
Being a lazy.
So my GPU expired last month.

Sounds like the trick of using a VPN to activate a code in turkey is no longer available?

Lad is asking as he wanted to play rdr2 online and can’t.

Feel like we didn’t get much decent stuff even for what we paid.

I’m anti Sony for a very bad experience with them when buying an expensive product. But might jump to PlayStation for their games.

Have a PC already..

Back
Top Bottom