Your bad driving encounters

Man of Honour
No law as already said but it's common courtesy to pull in to allow a queue of vehicles behind you to pass, I often do this if I'm fully loaded in the truck on a slower road as such as and where there is somewhere to pull over although more often than not you still get abuse and hand gestures from drivers as they then pass you, leaving me wondering why I bother tbh!

The better farmers around here do it quite a bit, but with modern traffic patterns they are doing it less and less because they can easily end up in the exact same position repeated times on the same journey and/or non-trivial to rejoin the road again, not to mention the abuse.

I was following behind a farm vehicle last week at ~20MPH, I'm not sure whether they were protesting about the vehicle being there or the stuff being chucked out the back, but there was a car in front of me sitting there barely a car length back flashing their lights and on the horn while getting peppered with mud and pebbles...

Soldato
No law as already said but it's common courtesy to pull in to allow a queue of vehicles behind you to pass, I often do this if I'm fully loaded in the truck on a slower road as such as and where there is somewhere to pull over although more often than not you still get abuse and hand gestures from drivers as they then pass you, leaving me wondering why I bother tbh!

A couple of years ago, Lincolnshire police were using unmarked and doing farmers for not pulling over using Rule 169 of the Highway Code and giving them a fine for due care & attention.

It went down like a lead balloon amongst farmers but they stopped doing it for a while.

169​
Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.​

Caporegime
A couple of years ago, Lincolnshire police were using unmarked and doing farmers for not pulling over using Rule 169 of the Highway Code and giving them a fine for due care & attention.

It went down like a lead balloon amongst farmers but they stopped doing it for a while.

169​
Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.​
Interesting, I wasn't aware of this tbh!

Still, as I say, even when I do pull the rig over,I still get abuse leaving me wondering why I bothered...

Soldato
Bit off topic, but can anyone spec me a car dash cam.

I feel I should get one as I see so much nonsense on my travels to work. Yesterday not bad driving but it really annoyed me, some **** in front of me in a fancy VW with blacked out windows and a lame ass personalised number plate that read "Who R U" casually threw a bag of rubbish out of his window at some traffic lights!

Can you report people like this if you catch it on camera? for littering like this? the number plate alone is enough for being some kind of knob!

Littering annoys me in general, but it really makes my blood boil when it's done from a car because it's completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom