Your Favourite place in the world?

Soldato
Inspired by the coconut thread I thought what my favourite place in the world is. Without a doubt its the islands in Thailand. In particular Koh Phangan, Ban Thai, Liberty Bungalows.

I ended up going back to this place 3 times. Travelled around and all over the island by motorbike and push bike, watched some Mui Thai, went to the local markets, climbed a waterfall! 2 full moon parties in Haad rin, a half moon and a black moon (which was about 20 meters from my room)

No cares what so ever, a few beers every night with tasty (but cheap) food, talk to and met randoms local and from over the world then partied hard with some of them. Went crab fishing with local people (was terrible at it) Made fires on the beach and stayed up all night...

What is your favourite place in the world? Pictures would be good too

100_0031Medium.jpg

southern coast of koh phangan
100_0032Medium.jpg

day before full moon
100_0033Medium.jpg

100_0021Medium.jpg

100_0025Medium.jpg

Haad rin (full moon) beach
100_0008Medium.jpg

Soldato
OP
How, why and how much did you do this for? Gap year?

Travelling from End of july 08 - Feb 09. 3 months in thailand first. £20 a day, covered 3 meals a day, beer and going out money, accomodation like you see in pic, motorbike rental, travel between islands and even a week scuba diving. (less can be said about OZ, NZ, USA on the money part)

Soldato
OP
Did you plan it, or did you just turn up and explore? I'm seriously considering back-packing on the cheap later this year/early next year.

I booked flights and travel in a few counteries but i had the flight to bangkok, 1 night in a hostel then was on my own for 3 months until i flew from singapore. I ended up going to Laos too which was also fantastic

Back
Top Bottom