Tim Westwood

Soldato
I just found out this guy is DJing at our Freshers Week in Newcastle. Any fans here? What sort of music does he play, I believe it's hip-hop. Hmm, not really my genre but I'm sure it'll be good night anyway.

Associate
Dont really know to much about him.

Listen to his show on radio ones while flicking channels and switched it over after 30 seconds and he just comes off as an idiot to me also on the UK version of pimp my ride the few clips i've seen of him he just look weird pretending to be a hip black guy from the hood when he's a slightly tall and skinny white guy that looks like the janitor from scrubs only more weird looking lol:D

He was on The Friday Night Project, on the quiz section and he was getting a lot of boo's fromt he audience, so its not just me thats does'nt really like him :p

Man of Honour
Can't stand him, his voice sends me in an uncontrollable rage, towards the tv. Who knows what would happen if I saw him in person. Probably give him a girl slap until he talked normal.

Soldato
i just laugh every time i hear him on the radio, pure comedy...

he does rap etc, have a listen to his show on radio one playback or what ever it is called,

edit. you wont be able to hear the backing music over the sounds of gun shots, breaking glass, his ego bigging him self up, fog horns and whistles etc etc...

Man of Honour
I went to see him a few years back. I don't really mind the music and the crowd that follows his style, but I just had a terrible night.

He tries to be black and hip and it doesn't work at all in my opinion.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

The big dawg lays down the big tunes my man.

Seriously though, don't take him to the letter on stuff he says and you'll find he is very entertaining in my opinion and I dislike a lot of rap/hip-hop.

One thing I would say - find out if your Union lets people buy tickets who are not University students. If this is the case, I would avoid the night as the crowd that follows Westwood are only out for trouble. There has been trouble in the past at his gigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I slightly cringe whenever I hear/see him because he's trying way too hard to be "gangsta" US style but he is quite unique and does the job ok. He knows his stuff and knows the people in the urban industry. If you can go past the "Drop the bomb", innuendos and general gangsta talk, he is entertaining. I'd quite like to go somewhere he is djing but I fear it would be overun with chavs and other gangsta wannabees.

Chris Moyle's impression of "The Big Dawg" is "off the hook".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom