Official Kings Gauntlet OcUk List Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Me too, I just put the 64bit Boinc client set it up, and then downloaded 64bit optimised Seti client on my Q6600 G0 @3.0Ghz and did 4 WU's in just over an hour!!

4x1hour.gif

:eek: :D

Just tweaked the water cooling and pushed the OC to 3.4Ghz gonna prime it overnight to make sure its stable and then continue h'onwards and h'upwards!

Temps at 3.4Ghz running 4 seti's:
3_4ghz_temp.gif

Last edited:
Associate
Erm I just tried the Core 2 one from Lunatics website only it's brought up computational errors on most of my WU's.

It would appear that the Lunatic ones aren't completely compatible with Vista 32bit

Apparantly Crunch3r's BOINC Page http://calbe.dw70.de/seti.html have a V after the names indicating Vista compatability.

My (Coretemp says Woodcrest CPU-Z says Merom?) says SSSE3 in CPU-Z so I shall use that one.

And I can confirm that the SSSE3 from Crunch3r is now working away nicely on my Sony Vaio Vista Home 32bit laptop, current temps 67/69°C little bit toasty :( still not bad for a laptop, specially seeing as the fan is pretty quiet.

Whats with all the massivly different times to completion some say 3 hours some say 23 one says 8 this si before any have started processing so must be calculated based on BOINCs benchmark?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Erm I just tried the Core 2 one from Lunatics website only it's brought up computational errors on most of my WU's.

Hmm not had a problem on mine witht the lunatics ones, but I'm running 64bit boinc and 64bit seti on Vista64, maybe thats the difference.

Man of Honour
Ooh, I remembered the username/password to my S@NL forum account. :D

I'm in then. Dunno how many of the PCs yet, but we'll start with one and take it from there. Probably won't get to it until the weekend though.

Soldato
Shadowscotland 8733174

Boinc says same client as Biffa screen shot (ver5.27) above - but getting computational errors :(

- killed the Lunatics files - reloaded project - now working fine (I think)

Edit - someone check for me please, Team OcUK I'm guessing or is Gauntlet different name?
First two should finish around lunch tomorrow - Or should i be holding off till the official start?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Updated list on first post. Perhaps S@NL XP-Freak will be good enough to update the Gauntlet data :)

Shadowscotland: thats fine nothing to change

Man of Honour
OP
OK so although I wasn't having any problems with the versions I was using, I used to use Crunch3r's optimised apps when I was totally seti driven. So I've gone back to pure Crunch3r now.

From this page you get the optimised BOINC clients and the Optimised seti clients.

They will do for me, currently running the 64bit boinc and 64bit SSE3 Seti client :)

Soldato
Shadowscotland: thats fine nothing to change

Would the 64bit client via VMware/Ubuntu give more that the 32bit client in native 32bit winXP?

And the estimate was way out - finished my first two units this morning around 7.30am so that ~7 units a day on my rig
(Sounds good but I'll wait for the compertition stats to find out)

As I'm sticking at 2.8 for a while - I'm sure I can improve on my memory timing - is this benificial of bonic/seti with a C2D at 5,4,4,4,20 currently (should be able to hit 4,4,4,4,12 easily)

Back
Top Bottom