Getting Married - Need advice please

Soldato
Hey all.
Looking to get hitched quite soon and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this hehe

My partner is brasilian and is here on a visa.

We have done some research and so far we understand that we need to give at least 14 days notice to the registra office and that we can only get married in N.Ireland if she is not a resident in this country?

Does anyone know what documents and procedures are best to follow?

many thanks,
Soogs

Permabanned
First off Im glad your posting this and not ibot. (Im sorry but I had to say that I couldnt resist haha)

secondly congrats :D I've never been married so couldnt say but if I was you I would contact the registry office in northern ireland.

try googling foreign marriage? or marrying a foreigner? I dont see why ireland, my dads iranian and he got married in wales :p I will ask him now.

Soldato
Very very young. How long have you known your would-be?

Maybe I'm just sceptical since I've seen people in very similar situations left broken after the passport arrives.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very, very young? He's 22! I'm pretty sure he's thought out his decision.

Don't know much on this issue, but congratulations :)

Brazilian eh? Baby got back :D

SCM

SCM

Associate
I have been looking at the visa situation for a friend from the US who is thinking of moving here to study so got this page bookmarked Here it might have further info hidden somewhere re getting married on the page with your partner already being in the country.

I would be careful as well the Visa people can be very suspicious about marriages these days so best to be upfront with them when you deal with them re the marriage.

SCM

Man of Honour
Very very young. How long have you know your would-be?

Maybe I'm just sceptical since I've seen people in very similar situations left broken after the passport arrives.

Ditto. A mate of mine recently married a Brazilian girl, it was true love, they had a child together etc...

Once she had the passport she cleared off to Brazil with the kid.

Be very careful. You're still young and this is not something you should be rushing into.

For info, my mate got married in England so I don't think you need to go to NI. Best of luck and I hope it works out. Just be careful though.

Soldato
OP
been togetheer long enough :D and the passport arrives in 5 years so thats long enough to torture her hehe

we are still looking online and finding out bits n bobs but still unsure where is the best and closest place to get this sorted.

Soogs

Soldato
OP
I have been looking at the visa situation for a friend from the US who is thinking of moving here to study so got this page bookmarked Here it might have further info hidden somewhere re getting married on the page with your partner already being in the country.

I would be careful as well the Visa people can be very suspicious about marriages these days so best to be upfront with them when you deal with them re the marriage.

SCM
cheers dude

Soldato
although i know nothing on the topic, i would like to congratulate you and your would be wife. i hope you give us lots of pics of the hopefully upcomming event.

Back
Top Bottom