• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Phenom-enal deal! AMD 9600 Black-Edition Phenom deal :)

Caporegime
Until Monday morning only (or until this deal stock lasts!) we have the AMD 9600 Black-Edition Phenom at just £159.79 inc (£135.99+VAT), down from £176.24 (£149+VAT)

CP-212-AM_200.jpg

BUY NOW!

Soldato
What's the deal with Phenom overclocking anyway? Do they overclock well or not? I've seen nothing but conflicting reports on the internet.

Soldato
Not. Last time I read they are still pretty much limited to 3Ghz.

Looking on XS people are having problems over 2.8 and some even cannot really do 2.6,but the same boards are oc a x2 quite well.
A couple of the posts lost me when trying to understand how to oc the new AMD quads.
Not really sure if the black Ed are that much better as the chipset is holding the cpu up.

Soldato
Great Deal...:cool: Will wait until the AMD Phenom 9700,9800 & 9900's are released in a couple of weeks... Still very tempting..;)

I would not hold your breath. Quote:

"John Taylor, a spokesman for AMD, told PC Advisor's sister title Computerworld US on Friday that they're being pushed back to a second-quarter delivery"

Associate
Until Monday morning only (or until this deal stock lasts!) we have the AMD 9600 Black-Edition Phenom at just £159.79 inc (£135.99+VAT), down from £176.24 (£149+VAT)

CP-212-AM_200.jpg

Still way too much .... i will never be temped by AMD ...

at this rate ... Intel will be king for an Everlasting eternity ....:D

Soldato
Looking on XS people are having problems over 2.8 and some even cannot really do 2.6,but the same boards are oc a x2 quite well.
A couple of the posts lost me when trying to understand how to oc the new AMD quads.
Not really sure if the black Ed are that much better as the chipset is holding the cpu up.
on normal phenoms you got to drop down the NB (which is abit confusing at first), and HT and ram speeds then just upper the fsb and voltage...

with the phenom black edition you don't need to drop the NB and HT and ram speeds, you just upper the multiple and voltage.. so i think it would do better...

Back
Top Bottom