Man. Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Man bags ARE handbags..they are only given a different name by men so they do not appear to be seen as a gayer by carrying a hanbag

it doesnt work

women dont call them women bags as they dont minds carrying a handbag

if you are a man and you are ashamed to say you have a handbag....calling it a man bag does not make this any better!

if you can't fit it in your pockets, then you do not need it!

a bag with a laptop in it..is not a man bag or a handbag..it is a bag for carrying a laptop

What?

samurai-satchel-linen.jpg

L823814handbag.jpg

How does it's name change it's appearance? I'd say what stops them appearing "gayer" (read: more gay) is the fact that they're entirely different things.

Associate
what do all you cross dressers put in a man bag anyways?

let me guess hand cream, face scrub.... why not just go and save a bit off bother and have the op now :D

Caporegime
I've got a laptop/messenger bag, some adidas one, good for holding papers/books so they don't get messed up like in a ruck sack.

I think man bag really more refers to those ones people wear right up, like a purse, not the ones that go behind back/waist.

Man of Honour
I prefer a small rucksack - though obviously a satchel is more accessible. I think it depends on the person whether you can pull it off or not. Knowing Feek on a personal level pretty well I know he could pull it off, as for me, I just don't have that look, I'm too burly and dress inappropriately to wear a satchel. A big 3st burgen however - that IS manly :cool:

A manbag as a fashion accessory is gay, a satchel like that is reasonably cool, hey remember in the 90s all the record bags that people were using, they weren't gay then - they're just making a comeback.

I think it's quite cool though, but not for me.

Feek is definitely not gay, even with that bag, if anything Feek can make that bag manly.

Caporegime

a bag with a laptop in it..is not a man bag or a handbag..it is a bag for carrying a laptop

In the summer, when it's boiling, I just wear a Tshirt and Jeans (not baggy or anything, just regular Jeans), try fit these in your jeans pocket.

Keys (there's like 8 on mine keyring)
Wallet
N95
Ipod

Keep in mind that I do not and never put anything valueble in my back pocket, so that just leave 2 front jeans pocket for 4 things. And another rule is never put keys in with N95 or ipod, it'll scratch like buggery. Some people might not care about their stuff getting scratched, but i do if i can help it.

So I can either walk down the street with pockets that is bursting like I have 2 massive tumours in my thigh or I can hold 2 items in my hand all day, or I can sling a messenger type bag over my shoulder and be it, and even carry with me a bottle of water for the day.

Man of Honour
I'd love to see you cram an A4, hard backed lab book into your pocket :p

That's when your hands come in handy. You carry it.

When I was training for my job, I managed to get to work every day with 3 massive lever arch folders which were completely full and I didn't need a bag. I used my hands.

If you really must use something to carry the stuff that you think you need, get briefcase or a leather attache case.

Soldato
Man bags ARE handbags..they are only given a different name by men so they do not appear to be seen as a gayer by carrying a hanbag

it doesnt work

women dont call them women bags as they dont minds carrying a handbag

if you are a man and you are ashamed to say you have a handbag....calling it a man bag does not make this any better!

Man this thread is certainly outing the closet homophobes. All that rant and not a :p or ;) in sight?

Do ear piercings on men bother you as well?

What about men with long hair?

I don't call it a handbag because a) it doesn't have a "handle" and B) because I don't carry it in my hand.

Also how do you know what I do or don't need?

Hopefully you were joking in which case :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom