New Soundblaster X-Fi driver out for Vista (14th Mar)

Soldato
This will interest some people, theres a new driver out for X-Fi on Vista/XP 32/64bit.

The notes wouldn't suggest it does a whole lot more, but it's 10megs larger than the last driver release so you never know!

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppo...mber=&driverlang=1033&OS=27&select=0&x=19&y=6

This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista™ and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty®
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Fixes:

Resolves the issue for systems with 4 GB of RAM.
Resolves the Digital I/O detection issue when restarting your computer.
Known Issues:

Before installing this driver, close the Creative MediaSource Go! application on your desktop and restart your computer. (After you have installed this driver, you may manually launch the MediaSource Go! application from the Start menu)
When adjusting the master volume in any of the Mode Console, there is no sound output in the rear speakers. (Use the Microsoft Volume Control panel to adjust the master volume)
Requirements:

Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Window XP MCE 2004
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above

Last edited:
Soldato
Still can't get my X-Fi working with 4GB RAM. To be honest, I think it's a motherboard / chipset / PCI incompatibility issue though and is only going to be cured with a platform change.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I installed them with my new Vista install yesterday. They are dated 22/02/2008 in device manager which is considerably more recent than the ones I had before, they were dated November 2007 sometime.

Soldato
I don't know if it's because of the new drivers, but is anyone getting the same problem as me? In Counter Strike Source, sounds from the rear left are going to my front right speaker, and sounds from rear right are going to front left. Is anyone else having this problem?

Caporegime
If you can hear yourself you need to mute the microphone under the playback options.

My issue is the microphone is never picked up properly. I have it all hooked up and configured correctly but it doesn't pick up any sound.

Back
Top Bottom